Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Hate Car Insurance

jeebowhite

So, car insurance due renewal - my company wanted over £700!

Stuff that!

Did a bit of searching and found a policy for just over £400, and I hate it! I'm 25! I was hoping for a darned site lower than this by now... I am even willing to remove my modifications just to keep the price at rock bottom!

Keeping them on there would cost me £700+ and that was outside of the insurer I currently use, and with Adrian Flux with my members discount :(

25 and all they wanted was £700? Arent you the lucky one.

Im 41, 14 years no claims, no points and the cars garaged and my cheapest quote was £610 last year. I dread to think what it is this year

• Like 1

Just renewed mine £570 for me and the girlfriend she is a learner and both are 27. I also live in an area where my car will get stolen lol car is standard why are yours so high?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Ford OC mobile app

25 and all they wanted was £700? Arent you the lucky one.

Im 41, 14 years no claims, no points and the cars garaged and my cheapest quote was £610 last year. I dread to think what it is this year

Mine is £1600 with 2 years no claims no garage though

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Last year I was paying £86 a month for a 2002 mondeo tdci, im 29 full ncb, no points and it was garaged in a good area! Best thing is my wife (who has only been passed 2 years) same age and details was insuring her 2002 audi a3 1.8 20v for £88 a month! Car insurance is a real rip off!!!!!

Sent from my ST25i using Ford OC mobile app

So, car insurance due renewal - my company wanted over £700!

Stuff that!

Did a bit of searching and found a policy for just over £400, and I hate it! I'm 25! I was hoping for a darned site lower than this by now... I am even willing to remove my modifications just to keep the price at rock bottom!

Keeping them on there would cost me £700+ and that was outside of the insurer I currently use, and with Adrian Flux with my members discount :(

Seems like a lot James how many no claims bonus do you have? It it your post code that's giving you problems? £300 does seem a lot for a few mods. My mods only cost me about £70 more than standard including a remap? Is there one particular mod that they really don't like?

I feel the pain of insurance tbh.

Could always come live in Croydon, we are the nations hotspot for anything extortionate relating to running a car. :angry:

Mine started off at about £600 for year, would have been around £500 but i pay monthly. Have a secure underground garage which knocked about £40 off the total cost. Insurance has only gone up by £60 with all the mods I've done and declared.

I'm definitely gonna shop around come renewal in May see if I can get cheaper than Esure.

• Like 1

its heading that way Vicki!

Its really frustrating! I took the insurance claim off - that knocked the insurance down by £40.... I took the mod's off and I started getting lower quotes, but still only about £400! It just seems that the word modify is the killer. Even adding rear parking sensors, a £20 mod to stop me smashing the back end in and that on its own seems to stop any replied from some insurers!

I find it crazy!

The fact is though I have 5 years NCB, currently protected. live in a not particularly high crime area, but it is the lower end of the area rather than the upper end.

I think half the issue is the fact that the car is parked on the roadside? the mileage is the big killer though, I estimate my annual mileage around 9000, as to whether or not I do that I dont know... I may do more, but I really dont know!

I cant wait till renewal next year, then there will be no accident at all, save me an extra £40. I just want to know - what do you have to do to get your insurance down to £300 or less! short of having tracker installed, garage door activated machine gun and the immobilizer wired to a bomb as deterrents, what are you supposed to do? insurance is becoming more of a pizz-take by the day. Flash for cash and the likes are not in any way helping, but dashcams are assisting in reducing the successful claims, but it still costs. If you average that every driver on the road has a policy of say £600 - and there are 27 million motorists in the uk, that means that the insurance sector is taking in at least £16,200,000,000 (16.2 billion is that?) and yet, our prices continue to go up!

I just fail to see how we can make more than £16.2 billion worth of claims as a country, I would estimate given that accident rates affect around 35-45% of drivers a year, that they can only be paying out around £8-10 billion a year on average?

Thankfully this morning I received a callback from Adrian Flux who are going to call me later to discuss, seems they have got me a quote for £400 on the dot for my car with mods! (I hope!)

Sorry mate

8 years no claims protected. No accidents (yet) 40 years old £180 all I'm.

its heading that way Vicki!

Its really frustrating! I took the insurance claim off - that knocked the insurance down by £40.... I took the mod's off and I started getting lower quotes, but still only about £400! It just seems that the word modify is the killer. Even adding rear parking sensors, a £20 mod to stop me smashing the back end in and that on its own seems to stop any replied from some insurers!

I find it crazy!

The fact is though I have 5 years NCB, currently protected. live in a not particularly high crime area, but it is the lower end of the area rather than the upper end.

I think half the issue is the fact that the car is parked on the roadside? the mileage is the big killer though, I estimate my annual mileage around 9000, as to whether or not I do that I dont know... I may do more, but I really dont know!

I cant wait till renewal next year, then there will be no accident at all, save me an extra £40. I just want to know - what do you have to do to get your insurance down to £300 or less! short of having tracker installed, garage door activated machine gun and the immobilizer wired to a bomb as deterrents, what are you supposed to do? insurance is becoming more of a pizz-take by the day. Flash for cash and the likes are not in any way helping, but dashcams are assisting in reducing the successful claims, but it still costs. If you average that every driver on the road has a policy of say £600 - and there are 27 million motorists in the uk, that means that the insurance sector is taking in at least £16,200,000,000 (16.2 billion is that?) and yet, our prices continue to go up!

I just fail to see how we can make more than £16.2 billion worth of claims as a country, I would estimate given that accident rates affect around 35-45% of drivers a year, that they can only be paying out around £8-10 billion a year on average?

Thankfully this morning I received a callback from Adrian Flux who are going to call me later to discuss, seems they have got me a quote for £400 on the dot for my car with mods! (I hope!)

James, glad to hear you may be getting it sorted with Adrian Flux. Is that with the Ford Owners Club Insurance scheme?

I'm 19 with 1 years no claims....Direct line offered me a renewal of £2500, UP from £1800! ended up paying £700 with admiral. !Removed! scandalous!

I'm 38, 8 years NCD, insurance is somewhere around £350/year.

One minor accident in 2008 - my fault (ish)*, my insurance co paid out over two grand to him, and all it was, was a scuff on the front bumper! Half of that was the cost of a courtesy car for him, while his own car was fixed. :blink:

What happened was, I followed an old bloke driving a Rover 200, into a petrol station. Instead of driving forward to the front pump, he stopped at the first one he passed. I chuntered to myself and stuck it in reverse, completely unaware that a Vectra had since rucked up behind me, right into my blind spot (I was sort of at an angle to get alongside the pump as you have to go into the garage, then turn 90 degrees). I bumped him at about 3mph.

This whole insurance lark is a scam. I offered to pay for the repair without going thru insurance.... until his insurance co rang me and asked me if I was going to give the other bloke two grand! Here's my reply, with the expletives edited out; " ". :lol:

So to summarise, no damage whatsoever to my Focus, two grand's worth to his Vectra!

I'm 38, 8 years NCD, insurance is somewhere around £350/year.

One minor accident in 2008 - my fault (ish)*, my insurance co paid out over two grand to him, and all it was, was a scuff on the front bumper!  Half of that was the cost of a courtesy car for him, while his own car was fixed.  :blink:

What happened was, I followed an old bloke driving a Rover 200, into a petrol station.  Instead of driving forward to the front pump, he stopped at the first one he passed.  I chuntered to myself and stuck it in reverse, completely unaware that a Vectra had since rucked up behind me, right into my blind spot (I was sort of at an angle to get alongside the pump as you have to go into the garage, then turn 90 degrees).  I bumped him at about 3mph.

This whole insurance lark is a scam.  I offered to pay for the repair without going thru insurance.... until his insurance co rang me and asked me if I was going to give the other bloke two grand!  Here's my reply, with the expletives edited out; " ".  :lol:

So to summarise, no damage whatsoever to my Focus, two grand's worth to his Vectra![/quote

Sounds like it was a write off being a v*****ll lol

I just insured my ST2 for about £250 only 3 years ncb 12000 miles kept on drive and I'm 54

I just insured my ST2 for about £250 only 3 years ncb 12000 miles kept on drive and I'm 54

Bargain! :D

I'm 19 with 1 years no claims....Direct line offered me a renewal of £2500, UP from £1800! ended up paying £700 with admiral. !Removed! scandalous! 

I don't know how direct line get customers I used the to insure my old car 1.8 mk1 focus payed 600ish with 3years Ncb got a quote I them this year 1800 odd ok I have a slightly bigger engine but I now have 9 years Ncb

I don't know how direct line get customers
When I worked in insurance back in the early 90's they were the cheapest around. We hardly ever beat Direct Line on a quote.

James I think your insurance is cheap...

• Like 1

I think they're just random numbers!!

Im 20 and my 1.8 focus is 600 for 10k miles - a lot, but at my age its a good quote!

An example of how they're just numbers: they say to put relatives as named drivers to lower the price. My dad has maximum no claims, no points, has his own car and bike, and is a police advanced driver, rider and instructor - but last year my insurance was cheaper without him!

Its a joke!!

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Ford OC mobile app

Last year, I was quoted by the company I was with at the time, esure (with no mods declared) £630.

So I rang adrian flux. I declared the mods and they quoted me £610

There have been quite alot of people that have gone to none comparison site insurance companies, and saved quite alot.

Heres the sites I have read about on ford forums that are popular. Doesnt harm to try. They sometimes ask where you got them from, if you mention the forum/club it may help (although not sure for definate).

http://www.adrianflux.co.uk/

http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/index.html

http://www.prestigekeepmoving.com/p/car-clubs.html

I've been quoted £900 for a new fiesta st with the mp215 kit.. I live on a council estate, no driveway or garage, commute to work in rush hour every day, have a 2 year old, and I'm 18 with 1 years ncb... why is yours so high lmao?

Although Adrian flux quoted over £5k for my current car :S

My bradford postcode wipes out my no claims, points free and where i park it :cry:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club