jamesm182

Management

• Admin
  • 1,355 posts
  • Name: James
  • Year: 2008
Contributor

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

I just insured my ST2 for about £250 only 3 years ncb 12000 miles kept on drive and I'm 54

Bargain!  :D

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 VickiW

VickiW

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Name: Victoria
  • Ford Model: focus st wannabe!!!
  • Year: 2010

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

400yoyo`s for me with Lenny as named driver

#18 zeglover

zeglover

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

I'm 19 with 1 years no claims....Direct line offered me a renewal of 2500, UP from 1800! ended up paying 700 with admiral. !Removed! scandalous!

I don't know how direct line get customers I used the to insure my old car 1.8 mk1 focus payed 600ish with 3years Ncb got a quote I them this year 1800 odd ok I have a slightly bigger engine but I now have 9 years Ncb

#19 BigD

BigD

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Name: -
  • Ford Model: -
  • Year: Non

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

I don't know how direct line get customers
When I worked in insurance back in the early 90's they were the cheapest around.  We hardly ever beat Direct Line on a quote.

#20 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,495 posts
  • Name: Kurt
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S
Contributor

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

James I think your insurance is cheap...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

#21 jamesanderson

jamesanderson

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: jack
  • Ford Model: new model

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:12 AM

Well its depends on the person some like insurance and some do not. But I would like to say you just share your insurance policy query here http://theblackboxin...resh your mind.

#22 Aldoo

Aldoo

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: 1.8 TDCI Focus Sport
  • Year: 2006

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

I think they're just random numbers!!
Im 20 and my 1.8 focus is 600 for 10k miles - a lot, but at my age its a good quote!

An example of how they're just numbers: they say to put relatives as named drivers to lower the price. My dad has maximum no claims, no points, has his own car and bike, and is a police advanced driver, rider and instructor - but last year my insurance was cheaper without him!

Its a joke!!

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Ford OC mobile app

#23 stevegtuk

stevegtuk

Stevegtuk

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: MONDEO

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

Last year, I was quoted by the company I was with at the time, esure (with no mods declared) £630.

So I rang adrian flux. I declared the mods and they quoted me £610

There have been quite alot of people that have gone to none comparison site insurance companies, and saved quite alot.

Heres the sites I have read about on ford forums that are popular. Doesnt harm to try. They sometimes ask where you got them from, if you mention the forum/club it may help (although not sure for definate).

http://www.adrianflux.co.uk/

http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/index.html

http://www.prestigek.../car-clubs.html

#24 BeccaaCat

BeccaaCat

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Name: Rebecca
  • Ford Model: Mountune Fiesta Zetec S
  • Year: 2009

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

I've been quoted 900 for a new fiesta st with the mp215 kit.. I live on a council estate, no driveway or garage, commute to work in rush hour every day, have a 2 year old, and I'm 18 with 1 years ncb... why is yours so high lmao?
Although Adrian flux quoted over 5k for my current car :S

#25 stevegtuk

stevegtuk

Stevegtuk

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: MONDEO

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

My bradford postcode wipes out my no claims, points free and where i park it :cry:

#26 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,086 posts
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

James, glad to hear you may be getting it sorted with Adrian Flux. Is that with the Ford Owners Club Insurance scheme?

They had my details from the last quote, and juts asked "am I still a member of a driving club" didn't specify FOC, but I replied yes so it must have still worked out lol

I'm 19 with 1 years no claims....Direct line offered me a renewal of £2500, UP from £1800! ended up paying £700 with admiral. !Removed! scandalous! 

Admiral were good to me for the last 4 years, but now... when they want to charge me more than they have done for the last year or two, I think they can take a long wander from a short pier!

I'm 38, 8 years NCD, insurance is somewhere around £350/year.

One minor accident in 2008 - my fault (ish)*, my insurance co paid out over two grand to him, and all it was, was a scuff on the front bumper!  Half of that was the cost of a courtesy car for him, while his own car was fixed.  :blink:

What happened was, I followed an old bloke driving a Rover 200, into a petrol station.  Instead of driving forward to the front pump, he stopped at the first one he passed.  I chuntered to myself and stuck it in reverse, completely unaware that a Vectra had since rucked up behind me, right into my blind spot (I was sort of at an angle to get alongside the pump as you have to go into the garage, then turn 90 degrees).  I bumped him at about 3mph.

This whole insurance lark is a scam.  I offered to pay for the repair without going thru insurance.... until his insurance co rang me and asked me if I was going to give the other bloke two grand!  Here's my reply, with the expletives edited out; " ".  :lol:

So to summarise, no damage whatsoever to my Focus, two grand's worth to his Vectra!

Sounds about right for a vectra, they arent built as well as the Omega's they took over.

James I think your insurance is cheap...

Kurt, your right, I guess in a weird way it is! but when I know people of the same circumstance and with the same sort of car and policy paying just over half of what I am paying in the new year... it just seems like they want my trousers down!

I've been quoted £900 for a new fiesta st with the mp215 kit.. I live on a council estate, no driveway or garage, commute to work in rush hour every day, have a 2 year old, and I'm 18 with 1 years ncb... why is yours so high lmao?
Although Adrian flux quoted over £5k for my current car :S

I havent a clue Becca, but you did well to get your rate. Again, more of an example of why insurance is "pick a number and multiply by 10", your in the high risk catagory anyway due to your age, then your high risk as you have a child, and now your going for an ST remap which should push you into the "errrr..... how long till you wrap it around a tree?" bracket (not a comment on your driving, but from the insurance perspective, these are the questions they ask and the categories they think of!) and your paying less than I did for the first 4.5 years of my driving career! and I wasnt driving an ST, or had kids, or had any want to modify it :P

#27 BeccaaCat

BeccaaCat

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Name: Rebecca
  • Ford Model: Mountune Fiesta Zetec S
  • Year: 2009

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:25 PM

Exactly lol they do just pick it at random!
In theory my insurance should be some completely hideous number where I should only be able to drive a smart car lol but it's actually good!
Possibly because you're male? Despite what they say they're still biased towards men lol

#28 Philf1

Philf1

Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,544 posts
  • Name: Phil
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2
  • Year: 2014
Contributor

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

But she's a girl and whatever the insurance companies say they get it cheaper

#29 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,495 posts
  • Name: Kurt
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S
Contributor

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:29 PM

But she's a girl and whatever the insurance companies say they get it cheaper

This.

Even though 2012 saw new eu rules that said insurance companies were no longer aloud to give women cheaper car insurance based on their reproductive system as that would be sexist, women still today get cheaper insurance than men. Adding a female named driver despite previous claims can actually lower your insurance rather than increase it.

I use my mum for this exact reason, named driver! It makes a huge difference

#30 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,086 posts
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

Might add my wife on as a named, but she doesnt have a license... I wonder.... :P

Its ludicrous, sadly the bias is still there, what this means though is that you cant have sheila's wheels, bragging "we insure you for next to nothing 'cos your a woman" whereas now they have to sell it as "we insure you for next to nothing, if you are a really good driver, and just happen to have long hair and lady parts, then we like you more, so we will quietly offer you a discount on your overall price, because you called at "just" the right time when we had a 2 minute discount.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users