Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St220 Hub Problem - Are All Mondeo Hubs The Same?

mrrossdude

Currently got a problem with my 2003 ST220 6 Speed.

Had it in the garage to change my front nearside wheel bearing, however the drive shaft is stuck in the hub and it couldn't be removed with a 60 tonne press.

Basically having to get a new driveshaft, and front hub with the carrier knuckle.

Two questions;

1. Where do you buy a new hub carrier knuckle?? Nowhere seems to stock them. All parts places just sell the hub, no carrier.

2. Are all Mondeo hubs the same across the range? Found a hub on eBay for £22 with the carrier knuckle and ABS sensor, but it doesn't specify which model.

Thanks in advance.

Is it really a 60 tonne press?.. Can't believe they can't remove the driveshaft. If it won't come out there is always the option of destroying the hub with oxy acetylene and save the knuckle..

Anyway, I think the st220 uses different parts to the standard and st tdci mondeo.

Have you tried any of the online breakers?

Yeah, apparently the guy took it to a Volvo truck dealership and they couldn't get it out with their press.

Any good breakers online? The only ones I can find are eBay, and even then its slim pickings.

Any idea whether the one off of a Jag X Type 3.0 would be a match? As far as I was aware they were basically the same car.

Cheers.

Yeah, apparently the guy took it to a Volvo truck dealership and they couldn't get it out with their press.

Any good breakers online? The only ones I can find are ebay, and even then its slim pickings.

Any idea whether the one off of a Jag X Type 3.0 would be a match? As far as I was aware they were basically the same car.

Cheers.

Time to get the gas axe out then!

I haven't used any online breakers for a while now but if you search google for 'online breakers' there are several of them.

I have no idea what parts are compatible from the Jag I'm afraid.

I use breakeryard to search for parts they tend to come back with good results.

have you tried mondeo spares they have a online catualog there cheap aswell 2nd hand but worth a punt.ive used them a cple times for suspension stuff

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club