Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bulb Warning

InKontrol

Evening all,

Tonight my low beam bulb blew but the car didn't tell me it was out, why didn't it tell me it was out? I thought that vehicles that use CAN are able to tell the driver when he has a light bulb out?

It was an OSRAM Nightbreaker Plus, which I won't be buying again as it's only lasted a measly 4 months...

Don't know, but pretty much everybody says Osram bulbs are crap and don't last five minutes.

I've had the same Philips Bluevisions in for about two years now.

Nightbreakers are useless they blow too often and at the price they ask its a bit of a jolk never had a bulb go on me so dont know about the warning

The price you pay for better headlight quality is reduced bulb longevity unfortunately.

I believe that the Nightbreaker Unlimited were introduced to replace the Nightbreaker Plus to address bulb lifespan.

'The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long' to quote from my favourite film

my nightbreakers blew after a few months, bought the cool blue intense and theyve been running for over a year

Too answer the can question, can is the communication bus method between ECU and mechanical / important electronic circuits. The likes of bulb warnings are a fancy extra :-) one day Ford may include them as standard with the likes of abs but the can method minimum requirements include only the essential electric circuits :-)

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app