• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Name: Tracey
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium X Powershift EcoBoost
  • Year: 2014

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

Hi again,

As many of you may know, I waited 4 months for my beloved 2013 Fiesta Powershift Titanium X to be built, and was finally delivered on 19th July 2013. 

About 2 months after, I started to notice a grinding/rattle noise whenever the car changed gear at low speed. And started to make the car judder when pulling away. (Which I assumed was down to tyres needing to be inflated, but turns out I was very wrong) I know you can always hear SOME noise from an auto and this one is a dual clutch so I figured it was just down to that, so I ignored it. 

Over the winter however, it has got much much MUCH worse, and I took it into Benfield Ford. Not once, but 3 times. Got fobbed off with "...just needed a software update..." Didn't make a difference, and just when I was at the brink of just ignoring the noise and the juddering and struggling to change gear, I went to Oxford (300 miles from my home in North Yorkshire) and it got so bad that it was making the noise constantly. 

To cut a long story short, RAC put me in a Premier Inn for the night, RAC bloke comes out in morning and takes it for a spin - it made a horrific scraping noise (to which he said "Well blow me down.....).

He followed me half way home and then we met in service station and told me I could attempt to drive it home as he thought it would most likely be safe (but to pull over and call them back if need be) or he could recover me home. I chose to try drive it home, which I did do.

Then once I was back  I took it into Ford and this time I DEMANDED the HEAD of the service department comes out with me for a drive until it made the noise...... Not a sound for 20 minutes (though plenty of juddering and struggling to change from 1st to 3rd), and at this point I'm practically BEGGING the car to make the noise! But nothing.....until right when we're pulling back into Benfield, when she let's loose "Grrrrrriiinndddd.....and the service manager's face goes pale. He knew there was something VERY seriously wrong with that gearbox....

That was 3 weeks ago...

I've been given the most horrific Peugeot 308 hire car (I know beggars can't be choosers, but this thing is the epitome of crap french build quality -or lack of- and it point blank refuses to reverse) and my Fiesta is STILL parked in exactly the same space at Benfield that she has done for 3 weeks.

Apparently they are replacing the 'Clutch Assembly?!?!' (Not entirely sure what that is)

I rang up earlier to find out if there was any update and got told the EXACT same thing I was told this time last week... "We've got all your parts, we're just waiting for some sealant. Could be a few days, could be a few weeks.."

- Now, is it me, or is that pretty disgraceful that:

A: My brand new car needs repairs so severe that they need 'sealant?'

&

B: That I'm being made to wait all this time for some sealant that apparently could even be out of production, rendering this whole ordeal to continue for several weeks, if not months from now. 

Apparently, this is a very common fault with the PowerShift gearbox on all Ford Automatic Models, but more commonly with Fiesta & Focus. 

So my question is, do any of you, or have any of you had the same problem with an Automatic (Powershift) gearbox??? How long did it take to be solved??

Many thanks, apologies for the long winded rant! 

Tracey

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Richard b

Richard b

Settling In Well

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK 7.5 Titanium Ecoboost

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:57 AM

Hi

I have a powerschift ecoboort  no probs at all at the moment the car has now 2600KM on it

The powershift works flawless

#3 Sheriff

Sheriff

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 221 posts
  • Name: Martin
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 1.6 petrol
  • Year: 2011

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

Phone them up and explain that your contemplating rejecting the car. Watch them pull their finger out! Just make sure you speak to the right person though, usually the aftersales manager (why are there so many managers at dealers?)

You state the car juddering etc at low speed and changing gear. Is this a certain gear sequence, like 1st to 2nd only?

#4 Traquare

Traquare

Settling In Well

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

#5 Traquare

Traquare

Settling In Well

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

Phone them up and explain that your contemplating rejecting the car. Watch them pull their finger out! Just make sure you speak to the right person though, usually the aftersales manager (why are there so many managers at dealers?)

You state the car juddering etc at low speed and changing gear. Is this a certain gear sequence, like 1st to 2nd only?

Hi thanks, but it's in the Ford garage now being fixed. I totally agree with what you're saying, however it's a Motability car, so is leased. Which makes it a lot more difficult to reject it, as Motability own the car now. x

#6 Richard b

Richard b

Settling In Well

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

Hello tracey

i see no comment only blank space?????

#7 Traquare

Traquare

Settling In Well

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

Sorry was using my phone. 

The car is back in Ford now and I've been given a brand new Focus Estate Hire Car that was fresh off the transporter that day... (this is a relevant point). 

I'm now on the second day of driving it, and low and behold - Grinding noise!! Identical to mine but worse! 

Could not believe my ears!!!!!

A friend has told me that the 'Getrag' dual clutch Transmission - Powershift as it's known on the market, is dropping to bits worldwide!!! 

I have a feeling that, even when my car get's a brand new Powershift gearbox installed, or I get a new Fiesta with Powershift, the exact same thing is going to happen to that!! 

Totally at a loss now!! 

Might break all the common advice, and get a Citreon!!!!! 

Devastated as I love my Fifi the Fiesta!!!! :(

#8 Richard b

Richard b

Settling In Well

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:02 AM

Hi there

i am now on 6000 KM  no probs so farr

#9 jonnymagnum2000

jonnymagnum2000

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Name: john
  • Ford Model: ford fiesta
  • Year: 2013

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:46 PM

i have the same juddering in my 13 plate 1.6 fiesta . sometimes it judders some times its OK.had it in my previous car (a vw polo new shape.),i have had my car back to wigan ford a couple of times judder clears for a bit then its back again,

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FiestaPowershift, PowerShift, Power, Shift, Rattle, noise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users