Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Fiesta Powershift Problems

Traquare

Good to hear you got your car back, at least its done now and should drive fine.

Are the newer powershift transmissions any better? I've read a huge amount of negative comments about the earlier powershift cars - in America people have even filed a lawsuit against Ford for cars not being fit for purpose.

I've been looking for an automatic for a while as I have trouble with my knee. I've had both a Fiesta and Focus so I know they're good cars, but I simply cannot entertain the idea of buying a car which is going to be unreliable or have problems.

Hi

I am new to this topic, I also have been suffering with the problem. I purchased my Fiesta Dec 2013 it was six months old had just over 2000 miles on clock, was first registered July 2013. Was fantastic for about 4 months then most of the problems already discussed started occurring but the car drove ok didn't let it bother me but at the first service took to a Ford dealership told them of the problems I was having this also included a whining from the gearbox when the air conditioning was on, the whining stopped as soon as turned off. ( there was about 6000 on clock by now) the service was completed but the problems were not fixed on pointing this out to the dealership I was told Fiesta's are noisy I then pointed out that the courtesy car they had lent me was not. They did not have an answer. I left it at that and told them I would contact Ford.

I then spoke to Ford Customer Services who arranged for me to take it to another dealership for second opinion this I did and for the next 4-5 months I think I had a loan car more than I did my own. Finally the clutch was replaced and yes the problem was fixed and was like new.

I got an apology from Ford Customer service plus compensation as promised be it only two free services a good saving if i was to keep the car until July 2016. At this time all I waned was rid of the car however decided to see how car went before making any final decisions.

Early June this year more problems when car was changing gears from 1st - 2nd & 2nd - 3rd the engine revved up to 3000 it sounded like the clutch was slipping also If i travel more than 20 miles in it the car judders when pulling away. I booked an appointment for the service in June while on holiday and they were to look at the problem and hopefully solve. Got my car back last Thursday and guess what the problem is still there.

Spoke to service manager today who says he will have to look at it again, he also said that there have been a lot of problems with the Auto gearboxes but they are not allowed to replace they can only do programming adjustments as instructed by FORD, he also said that with all the problems that have been fixed by them mine is about the 8th to start having problems again. I was also told that FORD have extended the WARRANTY on these gearboxes to 5 YEARS. My mileage now is 12831

I do believe that this is not just a problem for us owners but also a problem for the dealerships. I do believe that FORD should man up to the problems and deal with it.

I will again today be contacting Ford Customer Services and BBC Watchdog as I am not happy

I almost started crying reading this... since having my new clutch unit the car has been driving great. Starting to enjoy it at last (not heard from dealership re extended warranty on transmission, mind you).

So reading this post that you've had a new clutch and now it's doing it again??? <sigh> Short of giving us all new cars, if they already changed out the clutch, what more can they do? As foe dealership saying they can't replace - well, they can if they get authorisation. THEY should be doing more for us, the customer. Certainly makes me think twice about getting another Ford. My Dad nearly always drove Fords, back in the day of consuls, zephyrs, zodiacs, although I do recall a fiesta somewhere along the line.

This is my first Ford... not such a great relationship so far...

edit to add: Let us know what Watchdog say... I'll be up to chat with them if they want more of the same!

I have emailed watchdog and suggest everyone else does so as well.

With reference to the dealership they can only do work under warranty that FORD tell them to do.

I have just spoken to the FCS team again informing them I have contacted Watchdog

the problem is not the clutch but the gearbox by itself , my gearbox is changed and the problem is gone now.

Took only 2 trips to the dealer they did a software check(and i made a movie during driving ) and send it to Ford UK and they decidid to put a complete new gearbox in the car.

it was al sorted out in 3 weeks .

I think you have been very lucky, the service manager at my dealership is saying that Ford keep bring out software updates the next will be in 2 weeks so my car is going back to them then.

It appears that there is an international problem with these gearboxes but FORD will not recognise it, probably because it will cost to much. With reference to them changing the gearbox don't automatically think the problem has gone away my clutch was changed in October and the car was absolutely fantastic but now the problem is back.

If the problem was not a major one why have FORD extended the warranty on these gearboxes and cluth?

• 2 weeks later...

my juddering has reappeared only had my new clutch in since last October. Car booked in for Tuesday next week. not happy.

Mine is back with the dealership as they did not fix it with the latest update 2 weeks ago in fact the problem is now worse than it was before the update high revving, juddering and crunching. I think the answer is get rid of car and never but another FORD automatic as this problem will not go away

Small update mine is stil ok no problem at all .

drove yesterday on the highway speed 190Km smooth as it should be.

Engine is remaped put out now 152 Hp

got my car back today ,ford have updated the software . was unsure when I picked it up, but seems ok no juddering YET!!!!.

spoke to soon , car booked back in to the garage, 4 august still juddering in 1st 2nd and 3rd . have informed ford uk.

Just got mine back clutch replaced again as when removed I was told it was blue, clutch last changed on 21st November 2014. Now on its third clutch, surely this is not right the car has only done 13000 miles. All FORD are doing is fixing the problem but not the cause of the problem

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have a 2013 1.6 auto same problem just on 14000 miles waiting for the call for new clutch . They tell me only the focus titanium x 1.5ecoboost (182ps) does not have the same clutch and gearbox is this true ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's good to know I'm not alone, but it is still totally irritating! I bought a used Titanium Auto last November. It was my first automatic and like others I thought I was just bad at driving it but then I conferred with another auto driver and realised it was a problem with the car. Found this forum at the time and went back to he dealers and they replaced the whole gearbox. It took 3 weeks - they were waiting ages for permission from Ford head office to allow the go ahead. Problem was fixed and I felt confident with the car again. That was February/March this year. About 6 weeks ago I noticed the same problem again - juddering and grinding at low gears. I have been trying to ignore it but now have to admit it's the same thing again. Have been in touch with Ford head office today but so far no joy in finding out what their long term plan is for the problem. I am dreading booking it into the garage again and going through the whole routine again to potentially have the same issue again in a few months.

My car which I loved is becoming an annoyance that I wish I'd never bought. Miserable!

• Like 2

I have a 2013 fiesta titanium 1.6 powershift! auto! still having problems with 1/2 gear change grinding and juddering! already been in for repair 1 year ago but back exactly the same again!! they said they replaced the clutch pack!! obviously that didnt work! i am really dissapointed as i had a 1.4 auto titanium previously and it was perfect, does anyone have any updates?? also my car was off the road for 6 weeks while they were waiting for part!! i am thinking of getting rid of it as i can see no light at the end of tunnel with this one, any news???

Lollie

Bristol

Hi Chrissy7 I have exactly the same issue!!

It really crap!!

Am i right in assuming that these problems seem to be only affecting the 1.6 and not the 1.0 ecoboost powershift.

Hi

I have had many problems, now on third clutch, am getting rid soon it can be someone else's problem. Will never buy another Ford

I contacted this guy holds a position very high up in Ford UK. UK Chairman & MD @ Ford UK abarratt@ford.com things started to happen vey fast after my email.

Good luck

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching Watchdog about the whole Vw emissions things . They are looking for new stories for next week . As mine isnt as bad i think we should start a complaint and write in to bbc watch dog about the powershift clutch problems and make watchdog investigate this more instead of ford brushing us customers off with "upgrade software " and just recall models affected and replace them with new clucthes anyone agree ?

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to wish you all well for the future, I have now traded this horrible excuse for a car in as I could not bear it anymore. I have now got a Toyota Yaris Hybrid and it drives beautifully.

Good luck

• Like 2

well done , hope you have better luck in your toyota yaris, i decided to get clio gt same as you drives beautifully , after having the powershit fiesta.

my car 1.0 ecoboost powershift has a complete replacement of the powerschift at 9000 KM 1 yea ago

• 1 month later...

Having the same problem with Powershift .It is okay in the morning when engine is cold but as soon as it warms up the juddering starts in the low gears.mine is a 63reg and only done 13000 ish miles. Will be paying Ford a visit very soon .Why have they not changed the way the gearbox is built as it is an obvious failure.

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club