eamonn1

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Name: eamonn
  • Ford Model: focus
  • Year: 2010

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

I have lost my ford focus service book when moving house recently. I intend to sell the car in the coming months and im afraid I wont get the value for the car without service book. the book showed at least 8 ford service dealer stamps spanning several years. the car was bought in UK (ford services done in UK) but is now in Ireland. is there any way of retrieving the info/stamps? or is there any way of getting a new service book that shows the ford stamps?

please help... 

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,377 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

Hi Eamonn,

The best thing I can suggest is if you had all the services done yourself, you should be able to get contact the garages that did the work, and they could look to stamp it for you with a retrospective date.

If you have receipts for the services though, you could just use these as proof of service history.

#3 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,370 posts
  • Name: Kurt
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

Ford has a record of any service you do, visit the garage with your v5 and some ID they will be able to print you off an invoice plus details of service done assuming it was done in your name

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

#4 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,377 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

Thats only if Ford do the services.

There is another way, that I havent looked into too deeply, but might well help you!

http://motinfo.direc...ory-Request.jsp

if you visit this site, it gives you the car's MOT history. It may also tell you who serviced the car and if it was a garage, you might be able to see the name. You could then contact the garage and ask if their records show the services as well and if you can put their details in. You could then write the details manually if you cannot get a stamp and also get them to send you an email confirming what service was done :)

Althought not as pretty as a stamp, it does the job and proves the service history.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users