Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Book Lost

eamonn1

I have lost my ford focus service book when moving house recently. I intend to sell the car in the coming months and im afraid I wont get the value for the car without service book. the book showed at least 8 ford service dealer stamps spanning several years. the car was bought in UK (ford services done in UK) but is now in Ireland. is there any way of retrieving the info/stamps? or is there any way of getting a new service book that shows the ford stamps?

please help...

Hi Eamonn,

The best thing I can suggest is if you had all the services done yourself, you should be able to get contact the garages that did the work, and they could look to stamp it for you with a retrospective date.

If you have receipts for the services though, you could just use these as proof of service history.

• Like 1

Ford has a record of any service you do, visit the garage with your v5 and some ID they will be able to print you off an invoice plus details of service done assuming it was done in your name

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Thats only if Ford do the services.

There is another way, that I havent looked into too deeply, but might well help you!

http://motinfo.direct.gov.uk/internet/jsp/ECHID-Internet-History-Request.jsp

if you visit this site, it gives you the car's MOT history. It may also tell you who serviced the car and if it was a garage, you might be able to see the name. You could then contact the garage and ask if their records show the services as well and if you can put their details in. You could then write the details manually if you cannot get a stamp and also get them to send you an email confirming what service was done :)

Althought not as pretty as a stamp, it does the job and proves the service history.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Hi,

the dealership where i bought my ford did not give me a service book and the guy i was dealing with is no longer there and now they are unable to find the book.

is there anywhere i can get a new service book and find out when was the last service.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club