Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Mondeo 2.5T Titanium X Heated Seats

kristriple

Hi there,

First time posting on here so im hoping someone can help....

My drivers heated seat doesn't work. Took it to my local Arnold clark and they mechanic checked the fuses then decided it needed a whole new seat, despite the fact that I told him the button for turning the heat up and down doesn't work all the time. Sometimes needing pushed extra times.

Does anyone know how to trace back through the system to work out where the problem is?

Also, anyone know where to get wind deflectors for the windows so that water doesn't pour in if you open it!? Preferably ones that don't look stupid!?

Cheers in advance!

Hi Kris,

Start by removing the button you could possibly wire in a temporary switch to prove if its the switch or not that is affecting it.

As for the deflectors, something like Team Heko should do you nicely, available at eBay and other retailers quite readily!

Thanks for the reply!

How do you take the button out?? haha

I'll give the wind deflectors a look.

I think you would need to remove the radio then the fascia (make sure you have the radio code to hand!)

Then you should be able to disconnect and push the button out.

Cheers,

i'll give it a go.

Wind deflectors look ok! And only 30 odd euro's! Easy way to fix the most annoying problem.

The buttons for my heated seats are on either side of the gearstick?

Im guessing your some kind of moderator on here or something, so im positive you know better than me! But is it the same model of Mondeo that your describing?

to be honest, my mondeo knowledge is rusty, but as a general premise, if its either side of the gearstick, you will need to remove the gaitor, then you should be able to put your hand under and disconnect the wiring and then prize out the button from the top.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club