Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 2.5T Bluefin

kristriple

Hi there,

Anyone out there tried the Bluefin superchip on the Mondeo 2.5T?

How big an impact does it have on the fuel? Im getting 28 ish mpg on the local roads...

Cheers

Nice car Kris! Slight engine envy over here. i'd love that 5 cylinder! The sound it makes is immense :D

The information i have is that it is similar MPG if you drive very carefully, but when you "boot" it, it goes down noticably

The Bluefin makes a big difference to the performance though, with a noticable increase

As you will probably already know, the ST225 uses the same engine, you could ask what effect bluefin users have on economy (though the mk4 Mondeo is a heavier car)

Superchips is the company, Bluefin is the product, it is a handset that plugs into the OBD port that the owner/user can load/ unload add/ remove the performance map/remap and swop it with the stock map, at will, further/ revised performance maps (that superchips produce for you) can be uploaded onto the handset via a PC connected to the net, free of charge upto 1 year from purchase, the map may be transferred to some cars FOC upto 1 year from purchase, i believe the Bluefin Mondeo 2.5Tmap is the same as the Focus ST225 one

So Superchips is the company that makes Bluefin, a handset that plugs into your OBD port and you can load a revised map with,

A "superchip" was a replacment performance ECU chip that was phisically swapped with the stock one - something completely different - thats the difference that "s" makes!

Nice car Kris! Slight engine envy over here. i'd love that 5 cylinder! The sound it makes is immense :D

Cheers Loz! I don't think there should be any envy. I'd trade it in for your fiesta ST any day! Only thing is, I'd have to sell the kids as well..... lol

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

The information i have is that it is similar MPG if you drive very carefully, but when you "boot" it, it goes down noticably

The Bluefin makes a big difference to the performance though, with a noticable increase

As you will probably already know, the ST225 uses the same engine, you could ask what effect bluefin users have on economy (though the mk4 Mondeo is a heavier car)

Superchips is the company, Bluefin is the product, it is a handset that plugs into the OBD port that the owner/user can load/ unload add/ remove the performance map/remap and swop it with the stock map, at will, further/ revised performance maps (that superchips produce for you) can be uploaded onto the handset via a PC connected to the net, free of charge upto 1 year from purchase, the map may be transferred to some cars FOC upto 1 year from purchase, i believe the Bluefin Mondeo 2.5Tmap is the same as the Focus ST225 one

So Superchips is the company that makes Bluefin, a handset that plugs into your OBD port and you can load a revised map with,

A "superchip" was a replacment performance ECU chip that was phisically swapped with the stock one - something completely different - thats the difference that "s" makes!

Sorry FOCA, poor choice of wording on my part there. I knew the difference between the two. I should have said bluefin BY superchips. I had a bluefin for a previous car.

I didn't think to ask about the focus' that have had it done. I didn't know if it's the exact same parts in the 2 engines, and if the 2 maps were the same.

What your saying about the mpg would work for me. The missus drives the car most of the time, and she drives at a snails pace. The extra power would be for when I'm let loose with the car. Perfect!

As long as it's not a drastic decrease. Like 20mpg after its been done.

Hi

I use the bluefin in two ford pumas I use as track cars. With the mods the cars had already the bluefin gave it another 22 bhp. And as they only weigh 740 kg it makes a real difference

On the down side the fuel to run the car for the day went from £80 to £120 which is bad considering they do about 200 miles in the day lol

But,,,,is it with it????

Yes

With the bluefin they will pull up to 130 mph the same rate as a vauxhall vx220

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi

I use the bluefin in two ford pumas I use as track cars. With the mods the cars had already the bluefin gave it another 22 bhp. And as they only weigh 740 kg it makes a real difference

On the down side the fuel to run the car for the day went from £80 to £120 which is bad considering they do about 200 miles in the day lol

But,,,,is it with it????

Yes

With the bluefin they will pull up to 130 mph the same rate as a vauxhall vx220

Sounds like it's definitely worth it for the performance.

You'll be basically running flat out for the 200 miles that you described, so FOCA's description on the fuel side of things might be more like what I would see.

Maybe a little bit worse than what it is just now?

The cars I use are road legal ( well, sort of lol ) and the fuel economy is a little worse but nothing to worry about as long as they are driven sensibly. But as a man it's in our DNA to boot it isn't it.

Long and short of it bud is they are good.

Drive it sensibly it's cool

Drive it hard and it's fun

But more expensive

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club