Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Ford Badge

D13 HPD 95

Evening all, im wanting to remove my rear ford badge so i can spray the chrome gloss black.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get it off??

Thank you :D

It will be stuck on with foam pads.

Dental floss or a plastic tool are best.

Did mine on the weekend, heat up with hairdryer and used a credit card came off easy

• Like 2

sorry mate, I read it too quick! yes I was on about the fiesta and econetic badge :P

ooo right thats alright lol, ive already done them :P just need to find a way of getting the middle ford badge off -.-

I'd imagine its just stuck like the other badges, heat it up a bit and see if it moves. Cant you get an overlay that gives you the look you want.

No none of the overlays cover the chrome bit, so im going to wrap it in vinyl or paint it :)

I took mine off a few weeks ago was gonna put a backlight glow on it but didn't fit :(. Anyways mines was a nightmare to get off, I just used a heat gun and some plastic trim tools pretty much snapped them all haha. Best to use a towel or something to prise against so you don't chip the paint like me, also you can get the badge of eBay for £2.99 instead of redoing the chrome, that's what I did but you would probably have to get a new DMB.

Hot air gun on a cold setting heat the badge up for 5 mins about 20cm away so i doesn't affect the paint, then using an old credit card got under the badge lifted it up and pulled, the 250grit wet and dry paper, 2 coats of primer then 3 coats of gloss black and 2 lacquer job done all in one day as it such a small bit of paint to dry :) then stuck my DMB gel on top :)

Sweet! Gonna give this a crack when I have some spare time. Think it looks really good.

• Like 1

Sweet! Gonna give this a crack when I have some spare time. Think it looks really good.

It look amazing had a couple of m8s asked me about it but never seen anyone else with it ;)

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old(ish) thread, but that looks nice! Did you do the front one too?

Yh i did m8 super easy to do

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Are they both just stuck on, no 'prongs' or anything?

Yep both are stuck on with 3m tape, use a heat gun on a very low setting!! To not damage the paint and use a small trim tool and prise it away gently and it will come off

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Cheers fella, much appreciated.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club