1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

roscoe

Ford Fiesta Club Seatbelt Chime!!

5 posts in this topic

I don't suppose anyone could help. I drive an 09 reg Ford Fiesta and even though I always drive with my seatbelt fastened the chime goes off intermittently! It's driving me nuts. I booked it my local garage and they said they can't fix it and it needs to go to the Ford dealership - they are gonna charge me a packet and the car is no longer in warranty. I heard there is a way of deactivating it - anyone know how?

I know it's a safety feature but in my 16 years of driving I've never driven without my seatbelt attached and don't need to be reminded to buckle up. I really cant afford to pay dealership prices to get this fixed right now but the chime is becoming a real distraction when driving.

I'd really appreciate any help,

Cheers,

Matt

On my Mondeo, you can kill the seatbelt warning by pressing the driver's seatbelt release button. However, it only turns it off until the next time you start the car.

Might be a short-term work-around if it works on your car.

I believe that if you sit with the key in position two and then in quick succession buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt about 9 times in a row, the car switches the warning off. At least, I believe this is the process that works on the focus, so it may transfer to the fiesta.

I believe that if you sit with the key in position two and then in quick succession buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt about 9 times in a row, the car switches the warning off. At least, I believe this is the process that works on the focus, so it may transfer to the fiesta.

Done this on my Fiesta. Think it was 10 times. Silence

Done this on my Fiesta. Think it was 10 times. Silence

Thanks, another annoying thing that came from America.