Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost Mpg

MattDRX

Afternoon All,

Been 6K on my little bus now and was wondering if anyone is getting near 60 Odd MPG on theirs yet?

I do a 70 mile commute all " extra urban" and I cannot break the 51MPG mark for the life of me, wondering if it's clutch related as it stinks in reverse and revs a lot in first before lift off.

Was hoping for a bit better than this on a motorway only commute, all tested for months now going 65MPH and engine off in traffic.

Highest I've got is 57mpg! Mostly on 50/60mph roads with a bit of town. On a motorway I average 50mpg... however I feel if I didn't overtake as much and kept at a more constant speed I'd do better. Even still, loooaaaaddss better than my 1.2 corsa.

+1 so glad I never got roped into one of them Corsa's, mate of mine has the 1.2 LE in Chilli Orange when it was released, promises of 55MPG combined, he's lucky to get 32, my old Clio 182 did 34 fully decatted, mapped etc and drove like a slag the entire time, Joke.

There should be a proper law in place over manufacturers misleading customers over economy claims, the EU test they have to do is a joke, why would I want to know what the car does on a downhill slope in sterile conditions? should be forced to declare actual consumption imo.

• Like 1

32mpg is about what I got in my Corsa haha.

Yeah completely agree on the MPG figures. Should be done in real world conditions. Even still, I'm impressed with the mpg it does! Around town I still get upwards of 42mpg so pretty pleased with that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Just been on a 90ish mile trip and got around 50/54 mpg I average 40/45 mpg around town , I doubt anyone will get anywhere near manufacturers mpg figures whatever car they drive , theyre tested under laboratory conditions where they do allsorts of things that will never be replicated in real world driving, its time manufacturers gave achievable mpg figures that motorists can expect to see

I'm getting about 43 around town and 50 on motorway, I try to drive eco but most of the time I cant help giving it a bit of juice, I love the turbo noise it gives! :)

I'm getting about 43 around town and 50 on motorway, I try to drive eco but most of the time I cant help giving it a bit of juice, I love the turbo noise it gives! :)

+1 you sometimes forget you are in a tiny little 1.0L eco car!

Least I'm not missing out on 60MPG then, Anyone else box / clutch stink if they blast it in reverse with the windows down? going in to Ford tomorrow for them to look at, smells like burning grease.

I have to say though after 6K my tires are still very good too loads of life left in them, seems a decent buy for 10.5K, Need to buy some ZS Skirts though now make it look chunkier.

If you are giving it lots of revs and throttle before having the clutch fully depressed, then you will smell the clutch, in reverse or not. You are basically burning a layer of the clutch plate due to the friction caused by the difference in speed of the two plates when the engine is being 'blasted' and the plates are brought together to connect the engine to the wheels.

Every time you smell that smell you are bit closer to having no clutch left!

Least I'm not missing out on 60MPG then, Anyone else box / clutch stink if they blast it in reverse with the windows down? going in to Ford tomorrow for them to look at, smells like burning grease.

I have to say though after 6K my tires are still very good too loads of life left in them, seems a decent buy for 10.5K, Need to buy some ZS Skirts though now make it look chunkier.

Sounds like the smell is mis-use due to this blasting you are doing in reverse

If you are giving it lots of revs and throttle before having the clutch fully depressed, then you will smell the clutch, in reverse or not. You are basically burning a layer of the clutch plate due to the friction caused by the difference in speed of the two plates when the engine is being 'blasted' and the plates are brought together to connect the engine to the wheels.

Every time you smell that smell you are bit closer to having no clutch left!

None of my others cars have had this problem, and to be straight I never dump the clutch in any gear.

It's in with the Stealer now so they can sort it, the bite point is quite a bit higher than the loaner they gave me and this loaner sits @ 2500RPM @ 70MPH mine was nearer 3K @70 so something is up with it, also made them sort the door card out too, rattles like a Renault with the stereo on.

Normally I got around 50mpg (5.5l/100km in my case) on a full tank of fuel with mixed driving, and as good as 63mpg (4.5l/100km) when driving really carefully to work and back. The trip to work is about 15 min each way and speed limit is between 45 and 50mph (70-80kph)

However after remapping it with the bluefin from superchips, I have now managed to get 71mpg (4.0l/100km) on the same round trip to work, so I'm very pleased :). Thats about 10% less fuel consumption as well as increased performance. It uses more fuel than before when driven hard though, but thats no suprise, hehe.

As for pure driving in town, I have no idea really but I'm guessing around 40-45mpg.

- John

Mine has done over 7K miles now.

Average MPG is 49 to 51. I have seen it go as high as 57 a couple of times but never into the 60s

These are all better than my MPG...Averaged 35 on a run today from Reading to Liverpool...

For those with decent MPG; How did you run your engines in? My new Fez arrives next week (waited 4 months) and there is a good argument for sealing rings by running the engine hard (once warm) instead of the softly, softly approach.

It's my first new car and I plan to keep it for many years so keen to try and bust the myths and get the most out of my engine in terms of performance & economy.

I tried not stressing the engine too much the first 2-3000 miles, as in not too high rpm and not too much load at really low rpm. However, I did throw cation to the wind quite a few times and drove like hell :rolleyes:. I'm quite happy with my mpg, so I don't think I hurt the car any.

- John

Bluefin looks like a done deal, I've not heard anything bad about it yet and if your MPG is anything to go by then that is another positive just in case the 40% power increase didn't sell it

For those with decent MPG; How did you run your engines in? My new Fez arrives next week (waited 4 months) and there is a good argument for sealing rings by running the engine hard (once warm) instead of the softly, softly approach.

It's my first new car and I plan to keep it for many years so keen to try and bust the myths and get the most out of my engine in terms of performance & economy.

I get 46mpg with a 9 mile each way commute round the suburbs of manchester, so town driving I guess, probably higher in summer...motorway driving 60-70mph i get ~55mpg. Generally at least once per trip I accelerate hard to the red line from a stop in 1st, and then 2nd where i can...gotta have some fun!

I drove my car quite hard from brand new (once warm) as I believe this is the best way, as you said, to seal the rings. In my opinion this will result in not only a more efficient engine, but a slightly more powerful one too. I did this on my last new car also.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club