Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm Question

matt1981

Apologies for lack of knowledge but I've never owned a car with an alarm.

Is it possible to lock the doors with a passenger inside without the alarm being set. For example when paying for petrol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

I would tell the passenger to hit the lock button on the center console, or use the lock button on the key, without arming the alarm.

Thanks hyadum. So is there an alarm button on the fob or is it set when you double lock?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

I think this depends on the trim level and options. I don't have factory alarm, but will install an aftermarket one. And I have the 2009 model, so maybe someone with the new one could confirm.

The alarm is armed as soon as the car is locked, double locking just prevents the inside door handles from working hence why they say don't double lock the car with someone in it (as they wouldn't be able to get out). Regarding the alarm being active with someone in the car, the non ST models don't have interior sensors, the alarm simply checks for the doors/bonnet being opened when the car is locked. A common way of testing it (according to what I've read, never tried it myself) is to lock the car with a window open and use the interior handle to open the door - the alarm should go off. As long as the passenger doesn't pull the handle there won't be an issue with them being inside. The ST however does have sensors that detect motion or something - this would trigger the alarm if someone were to move inside.

Thanks Martyn.

I've just found a PDF of the handbook. There is an option to select 'reduced guard' from the options each time you turn ignition off. So in theory I could lock the car without the alarm armed

As far as I'm aware the reduced guard option disables the interior sensors, so is only present on the ST where these are fitted. If yours is an ST then great, this will stop motion in the car from triggering the alarm (while leaving the alarm armed for the doors being opened), but if not then you probably won't have this option. I don't believe the alarm can be disabled all together ever on any model in the range, though as said above the passenger can press the lock button inside the car. I'm guessing this must not enable the alarm, as after using this you can still open a door in the normal way and the car unlocks itself as you do this. I've never tried using the fob to lock it from inside though to see what happens!

No its not an ST. I shall have to tell any passengers to sit on their hands!

Reduced guard is indeed the alarm set but internal sensors disabled.

It's set up exactly for what you need, it's meant for dogs in the car when locked (not generally a good idea anyway, especially in hot weather) and for kids (not babies/toddlers).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club