Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Colour Wire

paulaldo

What colour wire i am looking for behind the headlight switch on a 09 fiesta zetec s . Someone sent me a guide it say blue and orange but i don't have one . I have a brown and blue

I am trying to fitting the submarine lighting. I got a guide from here on how to install it as i was missing the wire to the leds . On the guide it says you connect the wire to the blue and orange wire at the back of the headlight switch. But i don't have that colour wire so what wire do i connect it to to make it work

I believe you're looking for a Blue/Brown wire (Dash Illumination) but that one will cycle through a dimmer resistor switch (if fitted) or (as used on a Focus) go for the numberplate illumination wiring which is Violet/Green and does not go through a dimmer resistor.

post-28494-0-72542400-1392863587_thumb.j

post-28494-0-15028600-1392863594_thumb.j

post-28494-0-26238000-1392863601_thumb.j

post-28494-0-48402900-1392863608_thumb.j

Hope this helps in some way.

Sorry to be stupid be I don't have a glue what your on about . So if go with the violet /green it will be on all the time I turn the car on and if I go with the blue /brown it will only come on with the lights on

Both would come on only when headlights/sidelights are turned on but the blue wire comes through the dash dimmer switch (if you have one) so the ambient lights would dim with the dash.

The other wire feeds directly to the numberplate lights so would not dim.

I thought they were on all the time Evan before you turned your lights on

No, only with headlights.

If you want them to come on with the ignition then wire them to the ignition live wire on the radio loom.

thanks for all your happy and quick replys stoney871. i am going to do it from the violet/green wire behind the headlight switch many thanks

I'd make a temporary connection with a clip or bare wire to a terminal before finalising any wiring.

Keep us updated on your progress (with photos if possible).

Hi stoney871 thanks once again for your help. I had to go with the blue and brown wire as there was two violent and green wires . I looks ready good cheers

yes thanks mate looks really good and easy to do when you know which wire to connect to . Tryed to up load some pictures before from my phones but it said there was a problem up loading to site will try again tomorrow . Thanks once again for your help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club