Do Not Sell My Personal Information

53 Cmax 2.0 Tdci Gearbox Problem

santababy

Hi

I've got a 53 2.0 tdci cmax, with a very very poorly gearbox. Have lost 5th, 3rd is dodgy, pops out a lot, and the whole gearbox feels very crunchy and clunky.

Anyone know if it's possible to get gearboxes reconditioned?

I've had a garage quote me about £1100 to put a 2nd hand one in. Anyone know if that sounds reasonable?

Anything anybody knows about getting gearboxes replaced would be useful too.

It's done 91k, so no spring chicken but not high mileage for age.

Fingers crossed somebody will know something that might help me decide what to do with it! Don't want to Shell out £1100 unless it's absolutely necessary.

Also, have seen gearboxes on eBay for anywhere between £300 and £800, so am thinking is that the way to go, and then try and get someone to fit it? Will that save me some cash? But not knowing anything about gearboxes makes me slightly hesitant about that!

Thanks in advance

Ollie

Hi Ollie,

To be honest your second option is best. Find a company on eBay and do a buy it now on one with a warranty, then you could pay a garage to fit it. Phone around a few indies and get an upfront quote from them to see who is best to manage the process. you could find that you get a very good gearbox for £500 and only need to pay £300 for fitting, saves you a few bob still.

Also ask around a few friends, the amount of people who may know someone who can do the job for you at mates rates could save you more still on the labour!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club