Do Not Sell My Personal Information

03 Plate Ka Alternator/battery Problem?

os235

bought an 03 plate ka (yesterday actually) and drove about 40 miles in it before the battery light came on whilst I was driving. I wasn't sure why it had come on whilst I was driving unless it was a fault with the alternator. managed to just about get it onto my drive before I stalled and the battery went dead and wouldn't restart.

1. what could be the problem I have read about dodgy wiring to the alternator on ka's could it be that?

2. would the garage who sold me this have known about the problem? the price of the car came down £150 in two days and whilst I was signing all the documents the guy kept the engine running (to ensure I would be able to drive a bit before battery going flat??)

I don't know a lot about cars or alternator problems so any help would be appreciated thank you!

could be a number of things.

wrong type of battery

KA's well known for corrosion/breakages on wiring loom/3 pin plug on back of alternator

faulty alternator

think there is a fuse issue too, somebody else on here may have better info on that

personally, would get that wiring checked initially as its a common problem

sounds like the garage you go it from knew there was a fault as he kept to car running. take to a local garage or phone kwickfit to see if they to a free battery/alternator check as a lot of places does for their free winter check and if there is a problem take back to garage for them to sort out

thanks took it back to the place I got it from, they said it was the alternator so replaced it so hopefully it's sorted now!

glad it's all sorted for you. the garage should have done it before selling it but they hope it wont play up until out of their warranty

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club