Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6T Mp200

kristriple

Arite!?

Anyone out there that's running a Focus 1.6T with the MP200 kit fitted?

Im reading that its 6.9 seconds 0-60 and still manages to get 40+mpg!?

Surely its to good to be true!

I don't know of anyone running the MP , but i would say the mpg is far from what you would get , mines only the 150 and i do short trips and i'm at 29.4 mpg.

I would imagine your gain in performance would only be at the higher rev range , so to get any where near 40 mpg you would have to drive at 2000 rev range and no higher.

• Like 1

errrm... im not sure about the 0-60 time being the same as a Fiesta ST! that mild increase in power wont be enough to shave that much time off. i would say its optimisitc, but by all means prove me wrong :)

Check out the mountune website. On the 182 version 7.9 0-60 as stock. With the MP 200 kit it says 6.9! Like I said, sounds to good to be true.....

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

Sounds dire preee! Autotrader claims the 182 will give 47.9 combined. We all know you can knock 10-15% off of that, they are never true figures.

i averaged 40.3mpg (trip computer figure) when i had my 180, and that was hard work keeping that there!

had a look at the graphs on the website and to be fair, i wasnt expecting that much of a gap in the differences - i know my focus was longer geared though compared to my fiesta now, so that probably makes better use of the upgrade B)

The torque graph especially! 235 up to 320 or so?

40mpg seems more like it. So with the upgrade maybe 35?

The MP200 does sound like a really cool car. Looks like a 'normal' Focus but goes like stink. Would love to hear from someone who has one :)

My thinking exactly James. Might cause some argument here, but I reckon a normal focus with the style pack looks better than an ST.....

And if its as quick as Mountune are saying its well worth a look.

Admittedly I didn't check on price but it's definitely got a bit more sleeper/q-car status!

The ST front end look does really divide opinion so this could be the right balance.

35mpg wouldn't be a bad estimate I guess, that's still better than an ST though right? ;)

The Zetec S are going for 14-14.5k on Autotrader. Add £1200 for the MP200 kit and you'd still be saving 2-3 grand on an ST.

I think i'll get one! I'd happily trade a bit o speed for the better mpg. Plus, the missus has been moaning that she had to put 100 quid through the Mondeo last week!

• 2 weeks later...

After humming and haying about this, MP200 vs ST I went to have a look at some. Ended up putting a deposit down on an Evo......

Im even disappointed in myself! traitorous!

• Like 1

Hmmmm...yeah, that's quite a step up from a focus! Is that going to be your daily?

After humming and haying about this, MP200 vs ST I went to have a look at some. Ended up putting a deposit down on an Evo......

Im even disappointed in myself! traitorous!

Mutinee - mr Christian! - but why do half measures - what model Evo is it?

I get 40+ MPG (approaching 50 on a run if im really trying) and have a 7.1sec 0-60mph (yes i dont have an MP200, Fiesta ot even a petrol car ) - i don't thing its that big a deal and i think as time goes on more cars will be released with exellent (or at least a good balance of) performance AND economy - because they will gave to ie - Golf GTE (Hybrid version of GTI) 200Hp/ 180MPG

It's an evo X. 61 plate fq-300 with an upgrade by Mitsubishi to 330.

We keep two cars and the bike. Between the 2 cars we do 10k miles per year, plus whatever I do on the bike at weekends. So it'll be the Mondeo and the Evo. Daily run around cars I suppose......

I've been following your thread on the dieseler FOCA, as you know. 7.1 is something else! Scared a few people away from the lights I bet!?

It's an evo X. 61 plate fq-300 with an upgrade by Mitsubishi to 330.

We keep two cars and the bike. Between the 2 cars we do 10k miles per year, plus whatever I do on the bike at weekends. So it'll be the Mondeo and the Evo. Daily run around cars I suppose......

I've been following your thread on the dieseler FOCA, as you know. 7.1 is something else! Scared a few people away from the lights I bet!?

I try not to boot it in 1st, traction is a problem and i don't want to kill the transmission, i usually wait intill 2md or 3rd before "booting" it - the 7.1sec 0-60mph does not reflect the true performance, as the gearing is all wrong, (it won't do 60 in 2nd, so i have 2 gearchanges to 60) + the traction problems etc once its rolling, though, the pull uot of the bends and top gear rollons are much quicker than the 0-60mph suggests, with 368NM at 2-1/2 k and its lighter than your EVO, you can imagine what it is like, the top -gear roll ons are awesome, with the 50-70mph in top quicker than a ferrari, does not have the top end speed of your EVO, though of course (probably just as well- it would just get me into trouble)

A lot of people underestimate it because of the way it looks - its an estate, as well with steel wheels, - It brightens up dull days, the grin just gets wider and wider - ive just got it running right again with the short pipe and have big modification plans for the summer - i cant wait

I bought a whole car with 1.6 naturally aspirated 168bhp under the bonnet for the cost of the MP200 upgrade

Feelin so money supermarket rite now :lol:

• Like 1

Did I read somewhere that you used to be a Ford engineer FOCA? Any idea what it's cost to get your mondeo to this level of performance? Have you done anything to the brakes and handling? What tyres do you run?

It sounds like your running something that could be/is a serious worry to most cars. Especially on twisty's!

I bought a whole car with 1.6 naturally aspirated 168bhp under the bonnet for the cost of the MP200 upgrade

Feelin so money supermarket rite now :lol:

What do you drive lenny?

• Like 1

What do you drive lenny?

AE111 Toyota Levin BZR its basically a coupe version of a corolla with a 20 valve twincam vti engine
  • Like 1

Did I read somewhere that you used to be a Ford engineer FOCA? Any idea what it's cost to get your mondeo to this level of performance? Have you done anything to the brakes and handling? What tyres do you run?

It sounds like your running something that could be/is a serious worry to most cars. Especially on twisty's!

Yes- something like that - ive lost count about what was spent but ive had the car a long time and its given good service over the years + i usually wait untill something breaks or wears out before replacing the component with a stronger/ better/ faster / lighter one - the brakes are stock - but mk3s have discs all round, and the same ones for all models - including the 3.0Lv6 150mph ST220, and with the car being lightened so much - it makes a big difference under braking - Focus ST225 discs and calipers are bigger, and have been fitted to mk3 Mondeos, ive considered fitting them but i don't really drive that hard anymore and they would add weight - Mondeos handle pretty good, and again, with the lighter weight - the suspension is stock - ive got a big load of tyres im trying to wear out - its really nicely balanced and handles much better than it looks but it depends what you are used to

Is that the model that looks like a R32 Skyline Lenny? (if your at a distance and you squint a bit!?)

• Like 1

Didn't know that FOCA... You'd think the higher spec models, especially the ST220, would have better brakes.

Is this the same with the mk4's?

your right about the handling. Mine handles surprisingly well. I remember reading in my manual that it has active suspension? PAS I think?

Is yours striped out? I must have missed that in your thread

Is that the model that looks like a R32 Skyline Lenny? (if your at a distance and you squint a bit!?)

Suppose it does lol

cpwf24_zpslybd5zzf.jpg

Had my brother drive it yesterday

Hes got a 2ltr ST205 celica and he reckons the Levin is faster

Ive been out today doing some videos ill have them upload in the next few days :lol:

Didn't know that FOCA... You'd think the higher spec models, especially the ST220, would have better brakes.

Is this the same with the mk4's?

your right about the handling. Mine handles surprisingly well. I remember reading in my manual that it has active suspension? PAS I think?

Is yours striped out? I must have missed that in your thread

Yes - all the mk3 Mondeos have the same brakes (from the 90PS "euro" TDDI to the ST-220 ) including the rear disc brakes - i suppose if you were braking from 150mph you could probably use better brakes on the ST220 but at UK/legal speeds the brakes are not bad (with the lightened car, anyway)

150+ kg removed/ or lighter parts fitted - so the car is about the weight of a Focus ST225, the weight is distributed to help handling (concentrated in the middle like a mid-engined car) and traction (some weIght not removed from the front to help FWD traction)

Im not 100% sure about the Mondeo mk4 brakes or if Focus ST225 brakes are bigger/ are a potential upgrade or if different models (eg 2.5T/ 2.2T-X) have bigger brakes

About your EVO - There was a big write-up about the fq360 being quicker "in real terms"/ better in-gear acceleration than the fq400 because of better midrange torque/ punch - bit of an eye-opener and just shows how important midrange/ torque is "in real life"