Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lowering - Worth It?

Varming

I'm considering having my Fiesta lowered by Ford. Here in Denmark that will cost me around 600€ due to 25% VAT, high salaries etc etc.

My main thought is: Is it worth it? I know it will make the car look even better but I got no clue about the driving experience. Any of you guys had yours lowered? What's your experience - and how much did it cost?

I got my springs for £80, then cost me £100 for a garage to fit them.

Driving no more roll around corners looks great, rides well, is a little more ruff but its soo worth it! But dont go through ford over priced

That was very cheap if you're using the Eibach Pro springs which I'm going after..? I can find those for £136 on the German eBay and they're more expensive in Denmark (£177).

I think I'll ask the garage who repaired my old car what they'll charge me.. I just know Ford in Denmark are really bitchy if you've had repairs done in a non-Ford garage and suddenly they don't cover much on the warranty as it must be the non-Ford garage who messed up your car somehow in their opinion.

id try and have a test drive in another similar fiesta thats been lowered first, my previous car was a focus which i had lowered with Eibach springs .

worst thing i did with the state of the roads where i live the ride was terrible , did look good tho.

I wanted to lower my car but the ride is pretty hard with my 17" wheels and my car handles like a dream ( my poor tyres) ;) there are too many bumps and holes in the road to go lower for me :-/

I've got mine lowered by 45mm sitting on 16" wheels with 195/45's and it looks so much better than looking like a 4x4 and handles amazingly! My Springs like above, were only £80 off eBay and cost £40 to fit!

I went to the garage I've been using before today and asked for lowering the car with the Eibach Pro springs. Their price all inclusive is £364 so that's better than the offer from Ford :)

Lars I'm Danish as well.

When I asked Ford for a price, for lowering my car it was incl. (don't know the english word for that, assum it's something like align the wheels "sporing in Danish) are you sure your non-ford mechanic incl that in the price?

But ofcause Ford is more expensive.

Yeah, I'm not the only Dane in here! :)

I don't know the English word either but "sporing" eller "udmåling af undervogn" is part of the price both places. The other garage is Dækmesteren which I used with my Octavia which in Fredericia does a lot of other things than just tires - and due to coming from the tire business they know a lot about "sporing". In generel I get good prices on repairs there and they've always made quality repairs for me - as opposed to other mechanics I used on my Octavia (which I had 2005-2014 driving it 261.000 km).

I can't know for sure but I think they lowered the price to get me back to their garage instead of going to Ford - and I told him what the price was with Ford and how low a price I could buy the springs for myself on eBay :)

I called Ford afterwards and told them about this better price which in an instant made them drop their price - but still their price were around £78 more expensive than Dækmesteren.

Which part of Denmark are you located in?

Oh and did you get yours lowered? If yes, do you have a picture where I can see what to expect? I haven't seen other 2013 Fiestas that has been lowered - except the S-series which is lowered 15mm from the factory but that's not what I want to compare against.

I'm, from Roskilde

Ford offered me the 15mm springs also, I think it was incl. there steering limit thing, as I'm running 17" ST wheels.
I wanted 30-35mm and the price at 550£ (5000kr) was too much so I didn't lower it.
I'll have the first service/1yr service in April and afterwards I'll buy some spring and rent a lift at my mechanic, change the springs with a little help from him, and the get the wheels aligned at a wheel shop

Well the offer I had today was 30mm Eibach Pro springs, putting them in and aligning incl. VAT at 3.300kr while Ford lowered their price for the same springs and everything to 4.000kr. This proves that everything is more expensive near the capital (I lived in Herlev for about 7-8 years some years back) :)

I better check again then. I got the price in Maj 2013 and they didn't have the 30mm back then.

Perhaps they can give me a better price now. Back then they gave me a good price for the ST wheels. I actually got the tires and nuts for free.

• 1 month later...
1st service done, and I got the car lowered for 4500dkr, with Eibach Pro springs.
It looks great and the handling is much better, but also harder, which I prefer.

IMAG0007rz.jpg

That looks mean, especially with the ST wheels, 30mm??

Really thinking of getting that done on mine, the suspension £160 for the parts mot sure how much fitting would be though?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

yes Eibach pro about 30mm

Rear 5 windows tinted 15%. It's not legal to tint fra B-section and forward where I live. Therefore the front door windows are only tinted 70%. Because of the light dashboard, the trinangles ade tinted a little more, so they look the same af the front doors from the outside.

1st service done, and I got the car lowered for 4500dkr, with Eibach Pro springs.
It looks great and the handling is much better, but also harder, which I prefer.

IMAG0007rz.jpg

Nice! +1 Nice St Alloy. Paint them Gun metal grey and they would be awesome..

Thinking of lowering mine as well but thinking of passengers.

Have you tried sitting four + baggage? Let me know please. Thanks

The alloys won't be painted, then I'd rather buy the darker version of them.

I only bring my wife and kid at 4yr old...But I guess it won't be a problem bringing four adults, as they sell the spring at my local Ford shop. I think they would get in a lot of trouble if they lowered a car and then it's not fully useable.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club