Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control Activation Mk 7.5

gekanukr

Hello guys. I have a 2012 Ford Fiesta (new MK 7.5). And i was told this fiesta has cruise control (only the ones that have got ESP) but its not activated. Is that true? If yes do you know where i can get cruise control buttons for trying to do this?

I found a guide here http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/37316-guide-fitting-cruise-control-aftermarket/

Thanks

That guide seems like a lot of trouble and risk just to activate cruise control.

I've got it on the fiesta I've ordered. Does anyone who has it use it regularly?

The cruise control buttons go on the right hand side of the steering wheel, opposite the audio controls. Not sure how you would go about fitting that as a mod

I have it on my Titanium and use it wherever practical.

It is useful but I certainly wouldn't bother trying to retro fit it.

I have it also, on my titanium and swear by it - use it as much as possible! Allows to sit back and be comfortable whilst the car does the driving for you. I wouldn't try to install it after production though!

I got Inath to retrofit and activate it on my mk7 I use it all the time. It did look a pain in the backside to fit though and I know he's had plenty of practice fitting them to

New firmware also adds Deflation Detection System. So the guide above won't be good for 7.5? I know a guy who mades these firmwares and he did activated these features but i don't know anybody who fitted a new plate with buttons. Did anyone do it here?

I
have it also, on my titanium and swear by it - use it as much as
possible! Allows to sit back and be comfortable whilst the car does the
driving for you. I wouldn't try to install it after production though!

Why not, it's there already, we just need to activate it plus to replace a plate with needed buttons.

• 2 years later...

Hello Guys, sorry for bringing this back to life but are you aware if any helpful soul could find out how to program the ECU in the newer programming method for the mk 7.5 CC retrofitting?

Thanks and cheers!

Bruno.

• Like 1

My dealer connected the IDS computer, changed the cruise control setting to "With cruise control" in the asbuild file and the cruise control works fine.
I replaced the steering wheel with one that came with the cruise control buttons. It took no more then one hour to install it all.

• Like 2

I've read on US forums of Mk 7.5s being updated successfully at home using FORScan. 

• Like 1