Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6000Cd Radio - Voice Control Button On Stalk Stopped Working

Anska

I have a Ford Mondeo Zetec 2010 with 6000CD radio. Been using car bluetooth and Iphone5 perfectly for 1/2 year up til now.

For no known reason, pressing the voice control button on the stalk has suddenly stopped responding. I press it, nothing at all happens.

Weirdly, pressing the 'phone up' button on the main 6000CD console will display my phone (which shows me it's still bonded nicely) and pressing again will show me the last person called scrolling across the display - but it does nothing more. Also, when the radio is on and my phone on bluetooth, my phone is behaving very oddly if I try to connect to someone using the phone itself (in a layby, of course!), it won't connect outgoing or incoming calls.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Someone at work just suggested turning on the radio then pressing the on/off button for 10 secs to reset. I've tried that and it seems to have worked...up to now anyway! I'll just have to wait and see. If that doesn't work then I'll be trying your suggestion.

Thanks very much for your help, Clive :)

• 7 years later...
On 2/21/2014 at 4:40 PM, Stoney871 said:

Usually a reset of the bluetooth module works.

Unplug it or pull the fuse.

On 2/21/2014 at 7:44 PM, Anska said:

Someone at work just suggested turning on the radio then pressing the on/off button for 10 secs to reset. I've tried that and it seems to have worked...up to now anyway! I'll just have to wait and see. If that doesn't work then I'll be trying your suggestion.

Thanks very much for your help, Clive 🙂

Edited by Ray s
Loaded reply twice sorry..

On 2/21/2014 at 7:44 PM, Anska said:

Thanks very much for your help, Clive 🙂

Worked great for me thanks Ray..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club