Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wet Rear Drivers Side Footwell

ahm

And a rear washer not working

Reading on here suggests the two are related.

I want to lift the carpet but don't know how to begin. Do I need to lift any of the trim near the base of the door frame?

The leak appears to be at the back of the footwell where the carpet goes vertical up to the seat.

I have previously had to deal with the washer. I dismantled the spoiler and the assumed blockage was not at the tailgate so I stuck a garden hose in the water bottle and hosed the bottom of the bottle. That worked for a while. I did put neat washer fluid in thinking that would help break up the crud in the bottom of the bottle.

Alan..

If you removed the spoiler did you reseal it with silicone otherwise it will leak yes you need to remove the trim at the door to lift the carpet up with that much water i doubt its just the washer leaking sadly its all investigation now if you have aircon it may be coming from the front as the hose to drain water from the aircon is on the drivers side it would run backwards youll find it on the left sitting in the car under the dash trim panel near the clutch

Arthur

No i didn't use silicone. However i only detachec the rear washer at the tailgate and IF the rear washer line is the cause i would expect to see wetness in the boot???

I have managed to pull back the carpet in the driver footwell- yes wet there too. God never thought so much water could accumulate. i have idenified what i believe to be the air con hose - does it connect to the side of the footwell- black corrugated hose with white plastic connector?

Seems a robust fit so doubtful. Far more likely i think is the grommett under the white foam that rises up behind the pedals under this in front of the styrofoam is a plastic grommet that fills a hole in the metal floor. The goo that should have made a firm connection to the floor has given up and the grommett rattles around in the hole.

Yes it has been a wet winter but could that amount of water made it in???

I'm too chicken to remove the carpet at the back footwell. From what i can see i need to disconnect the seat belt at the bottom and i'm not going to mess with that.

Many thanks for the assistance

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club