Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Focus..

Gib123

Hey guys (and any gals)

Just got my first focus, thought id jump on and say hi. 2010 Zetec S, and i have to say, im impressed. The Mrs loves it too, so my life is a little easier :D

Just a few quick questions, the headlights, now if i leave the lights on, and turn the car off, should the lights turn off? We had a corsa previously, and it turned the lights off when the car was off. The Focus doesn't seem to do this, is it an option that can be switched on?

Also, bit annoyed that the window is one touch down but not one touch up.. I know, small things..

right, are there any little tips and tricks with these focus's? to make life easier? little hidden options or processes that aren't in the manual?

Cheers,

Matt

Hi matt and welcome. First things, we avoid mention the v***hall or c**sa words here lol. Unless we are taking the mickey :))

The focus has a get home safe feature i believe its called. Whereby u switch the car off and press and hold your full beams. Then get out and lock the car. The lights should stay on for about minute. Very useful in areas with no street lighting.

But dont leave ur headlight switch on unless u want a flat battery.

If u have electric windows all round its possible you might be able to change the setting using elmconfig via the diagnostics port. Not sure on front only electric.

Other things elmconfig can do. Enable autolocking at a specific speed, for me its 10mph. Change timers on courtesy lights. Enable ecomode to monitor ur driving and much more.

Have a read through the guides section loads of little tips and tricks for focus.

Oh and post some pics of your motor if you havent already.

Ben

Hi mate,

Yeah I actually just read about those "help me home" lights. It's things like that im wanting to find out. On the previous "car" i only found out most of the little tricks just before we traded it.

As for leaving the lights on, ill have to retrain myself now, i was so used to just switching the car off and having the lights turn off!

I only have elec windows at the front, what is it you think i can change the setting for?

Ecomode sounds interesting, what does it offer?

Where is the best place to aquire this elmconfig? and is there somewhere that i can read up on its uses and how to's for it?

I'll get some pics up soon.

Cheers,

Matt

Hehe yeah joys of a new car. The focus headlight switch has mutiple settings. U go from off, to sidelights, to dipped beams. Pull the stalk for full beams. Pull the headlight switch for front fogs, pull it further for rear fog. So if u had dipped beams on. Then switched the car off. The sidelights and rear tail lights would still be on. Leave it overnight and you could come back to a flat. Nightmare lol.

Elmconfig is a wonderful bit of software which allows you to activate certain features on the focus which are enabled per model trim, e.g sport, zetec, titanium. Ecomode basically monitors ur driving giving you a score for your speed, gear changing and braking i think is the last one. Also shows what percentage of your trips are with a cold engine, e.g short ones.

You can enable things like tyre pressure monitoring. Disable the seatbelt chime thoķugh not recommended. Search for elm on the forums and u can see what ppl have been changing on theirs. Plus theres a whole load of mods that can be done. Check out kurts thread and his focus called Julia. He has a zetec s and has done some cracking mods.

If you have electric front windows only you can't activate one touch up or global open/close. You have to have electric windows all round so really only an option on a titanium. I've been there, done it and also came from a corsa too were I had both. You get used to it after a while. Welcome!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

If you have electric front windows only you can't activate one touch up or global open/close. You have to have electric windows all round so really only an option on a titanium. I've been there, done it and also came from a corsa too were I had both. You get used to it after a while. Welcome!

Blasphemy james. Corsa. Lolol.

Well better to see the light eventually than to be stuck in the tunnel forever :))

Links I found useful:

Page I found useful

http://www.jamessimpson.co.uk/elmconfig-enable-ford-ecu-functions/

Somewhere to buy it from on this forum:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48638-Selling-Modified-Elm

Selling Modified Elm

Forum topic on it (get ready to read)

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/31287-guide-for-focus-mk2mk25-c-maxkuga-elm-327-cable-and-ff2-program/

Things I activated are:

Auto locking when above 10mph

Auto relocking

Disable seatbelt chime

Stereo info in instrument cluster

Auto heated windscreen ( but soon disabled this again as it came on when wasn't needed)

Prob a few other little things I can't remember.

Eco mode is a load of rubbish mate, just gimmicy.

There are quite a lot of options in elmconfig that you change and they have no effect and example would be interior light timeout duration.

Don't care what you say lol it served me well and never let me down haha.

Cheers for all the info!! I'll need to get reading.

Shame about the one touch up and auto close, but i guess i'll get used to it.

Interested in adding auto lights and the rain sensor, so ill have to have a read up on that too.

Thanks again guys..

No worries matey, if you have any Q's about the S then give me a shout. What engine is yours by the way?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club