Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AMP installation...

thedriver2k6

Hi!

I've fitted an AMP in the boot of my MK4 fiesta and managed to run through all the cables to the head unit. Im stuck at the part of hooking up to the battery. I cant find any spots to run the cable for the power through to the engine bay. Does anyone know the location of a suitable hole or will i need to create a new hole to fed the cable through. Looking under the dash i cant find any where to fed it through unless im looking in the wrong places....

not sure about a mk4 fiesta! but here goes!

The 2 most common ways are as follows.....

Run the cable from the battery, through the wing, it should appear when door is open, you then need to make a hole in the gromit which goes through the wing and into the footwell... and from there its just up the inside of the car to boot. earth cable should be wired into somewhere in boot.

2nd option is a bulkhead gromit... alot more hassle to do and often can result in problems i.e puddles etc if its not done properly or not sealed up! the gromit is usually located somwhere in passangers footwell under glovebox and dash! Nightmare to find! pain in the !Removed! to get cable thru but once its in your laughing

the wing option is the easiest but be aware ur door may catch in the cables so check it for first few weeks! any signs of damage to the cable remove it!

I have done both and have never had any problems... the wing option is by far the easiest taking around an hour to install all the cables... if u get stuck upload some pictures and il try and help!

hope this helps <_<

not sure about a mk4 fiesta! but here goes!

The 2 most common ways are as follows.....

Run the cable from the battery, through the wing, it should appear when door is open, you then need to make a hole in the gromit which goes through the wing and into the footwell... and from there its just up the inside of the car to boot. earth cable should be wired into somewhere in boot.

2nd option is a bulkhead gromit... alot more hassle to do and often can result in problems i.e puddles etc if its not done properly or not sealed up! the gromit is usually located somwhere in passangers footwell under glovebox and dash! Nightmare to find! pain in the !Removed! to get cable thru but once its in your laughing

the wing option is the easiest but be aware ur door may catch in the cables so check it for first few weeks! any signs of damage to the cable remove it!

I have done both and have never had any problems... the wing option is by far the easiest taking around an hour to install all the cables... if u get stuck upload some pictures and il try and help!

hope this helps <_<

Hi, Thanks very much for your reply. I was trying to under dash option but too much dash in the way to find any existing gromits. I will try the wing option and will upload some pics if i get stuck.

I managed the Earth cable already, going to an existing Earth bolt in boot and the cables from the AMP to the head unit were easy to run through the trim inside the car. Just having a hard time with the power cable!

Thanks and will let you know how it goes!

what year is the fiesta? il have a look at work tmw see if i can find an easy way if we have any in! prob wont but its worth a shot!

bulkhead is always a bit@h but worth a look!

what year is the fiesta? il have a look at work tmw see if i can find an easy way if we have any in! prob wont but its worth a shot!

bulkhead is always a bit@h but worth a look!

HI!

Its a 1998 (S Reg) 1.3. Thanks!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club