Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta 1.6 Tdci - Rough Cold Start, Lots Of Smoke - Fine When Warm

esoe88

Hi,

As in the title really, on cold start the idle is very very rough accompanied by white'ish smoke coming out of the exhaust which stinks of diesel! Basically it seems it is seriously over fueling. No lights appear on the dash at all.

It is then absolutely fine after a minute or so of driving with nothing coming out of the exhaust.

The car is a '07 plate Ford Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 Tdci and is on 69k miles.

I fully serviced it on the 15th of this month but the problem is still there. I'm going to see if the EGR needs cleaning when I have a spare minute too.

I'm guessing it's possibly the glow plugs or injectors but if anybody has had this issue and can give me any pointers it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Greg

Glow plug I reckon.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

I'll definitely get them all replaced, may aswell as I've only had the car a few months so I'm unsure when they've been changed. Cheers mate

No problem. Can be a bugger to take out so be careful when doing it or go to a good mechanic to do them

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club