Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 64 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mark 6.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

Hi all, 

So you may (or may not know) I replaced my mk3 Fiesta with a Mk6 Fiesta. 

I've been trying to sell my mk3 since October (54K Genuine, MOT till Aug - £600) now in my opinion I think that's a fair price HOWEVER, two things are 'technically' wrong with it. The first is the passenger lock which doesn't unlock from the outside, yeah, I could just replace the door but it's just effort when I did fine without it. The second is the window passenger winder which snapped. Needs a new regulator but no points of fixing it again because It didn't fuss me. 

Now, I want rid of it, in your opinions what would be the most beneficial when it comes to money vs time and effort. 

For example, 'Selling the vehicle you may get £xxx for it and will sell' or 'You could break it and get £xxx for just the engine'. 

Your opinions are key as I'm not sure what I want to do with it! 

Cheers, 

Mark 

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 wase16ll

wase16ll

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Name: Tony
  • Ford Model: granada
  • Year: 1992

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

if your selling as a car, then it pays to focus advertising where it will get the most attention....such as magazines/websites that deal with older fords...if just advertising in your local paper for instance, most people will only see £600 for a 15yr old car, compared to a lot of other ads offering much younger cars for same kind of money..

breaking can earn you more in the long run, but you have a limited market as fewer and fewer of these cars are about..so if your prepared to strip/store parts or have the room for the car to be kept somewhere for a fairly long period then maybe worth going that route

#3 FiestaZpower

FiestaZpower

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Name: Lee
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Ti-VCT
  • Year: 2010

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:59 PM

I sold my k reg mk 3 xr2i in 2000 for £800 just to get it sold & I Had spent £7000 in total on the car ... so it sounds a bit expensive - insurance is also higher on the mk3 and mk5 compared to my mk7 for a weird reason ?
Lower the price to £400 for a quick sale

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#4 Rossbclarke123

Rossbclarke123

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Name: Ross
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.0 Ecoboost
  • Year: 2013

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

Hi Mark,

If you just want rid, chuck it on eBay with a low start price and it's sure to get bids. Yes you may loose out and only end up with £400.00 for example but if you want rid surely it's an easy way to do it.

Lee - the reason your insurance is probably cheaper comes into two factors 1) newer car = safer 2) more valuable car = owner look after better

Let us know what ya end up doing with your fiesta.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

#5 L666JER

L666JER

Ford Fanatic

• FOC Supporters
  • 487 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Mk3.5 Fiesta 1.1 LX & Mk5 Fiesta 1.3
  • Year: 1995

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

I take it from the fact that the mk3 has disappeared off eBay that you sold it?

#6 MattDRX

MattDRX

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,028 posts
  • Name: Matthew
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2 Pauper Spec
  • Year: 2013

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

It's never cheaper to buy another car over repairing it, esp with the price difference, all it needs is a locking mech and window mech, I could get them for £50 from any scrappy and fit in minutes, easy jobs to do.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mk3, fiesta, breaking, selling, radiant red, Ford, 1995

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users