Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Fiesta - Sell, Scrap Or Break?

Mrmark941

Hi all,

So you may (or may not know) I replaced my mk3 Fiesta with a Mk6 Fiesta.

I've been trying to sell my mk3 since October (54K Genuine, MOT till Aug - £600) now in my opinion I think that's a fair price HOWEVER, two things are 'technically' wrong with it. The first is the passenger lock which doesn't unlock from the outside, yeah, I could just replace the door but it's just effort when I did fine without it. The second is the window passenger winder which snapped. Needs a new regulator but no points of fixing it again because It didn't fuss me.

Now, I want rid of it, in your opinions what would be the most beneficial when it comes to money vs time and effort.

For example, 'Selling the vehicle you may get £xxx for it and will sell' or 'You could break it and get £xxx for just the engine'.

Your opinions are key as I'm not sure what I want to do with it!

Cheers,

Mark

if your selling as a car, then it pays to focus advertising where it will get the most attention....such as magazines/websites that deal with older fords...if just advertising in your local paper for instance, most people will only see £600 for a 15yr old car, compared to a lot of other ads offering much younger cars for same kind of money..

breaking can earn you more in the long run, but you have a limited market as fewer and fewer of these cars are about..so if your prepared to strip/store parts or have the room for the car to be kept somewhere for a fairly long period then maybe worth going that route

I sold my k reg mk 3 xr2i in 2000 for £800 just to get it sold & I Had spent £7000 in total on the car ... so it sounds a bit expensive - insurance is also higher on the mk3 and mk5 compared to my mk7 for a weird reason ?

Lower the price to £400 for a quick sale

post-27159-0-01038200-1393181149_thumb.j

Hi Mark,

If you just want rid, chuck it on eBay with a low start price and it's sure to get bids. Yes you may loose out and only end up with £400.00 for example but if you want rid surely it's an easy way to do it.

Lee - the reason your insurance is probably cheaper comes into two factors 1) newer car = safer 2) more valuable car = owner look after better

Let us know what ya end up doing with your fiesta.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• 1 month later...

I take it from the fact that the mk3 has disappeared off eBay that you sold it?

It's never cheaper to buy another car over repairing it, esp with the price difference, all it needs is a locking mech and window mech, I could get them for £50 from any scrappy and fit in minutes, easy jobs to do.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club