Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Esso Diesel.

ChrisCooper

I tend to fill up on Morrisons diesel as it's cheap, convienient and I get "morrisons miles" to get money off shopping. I've noticed though that there is an Esso station almost outside where I work that has diesel 2p cheaper than Morrisons (133.9 compared to 135.9)! I know people talk about Shell and BP (with ford recommending the latter) as good, but are Esso also good quality. Also is the cheap diesel from them likely to be better than the Supermarkets, or is it only the premium ones that give a real improvement, or is the fact that it's even cheaper likely to mean it's worse?

Used to fill up with sainsburys city diesel, recently after a remap I now have ran a tank and a bit of v power + nitro diesel and it's definitely made a difference, smoother, quieter! more power. 5th gear tv programme tests showed a 6 hp increase on a Citroen estate, so it's likely you'll notice the difference. Whether il continue to fill up with nitro + I don't know but it works out about £6 a tank more so not too bad considering I have a slight mpg increase too. Bp ultimate is apparently the same but I've heard that Shell is slightly superior. Esso will probably be better than the supermarket fuel in my opinion but they don't do premium. It's up to you if it's worth it, i'll probably switch back to standard Shell diesel soon, see if anything happens.

morrisons is actually the best of the supermarkets - i got between Shell and morrisons if i cant get to Shell

but would never go near tesco/asda/sainsburys stuff!

just try esso for a couple tanks and see what sort of mpg/tank range you get with it compared to other

I tend to use Shell, morrisons,jet and asda. I dont notice any better running one to the other but I do get more miles from the Shell fuel.

Sent from my ST25i using Ford OC mobile app

I use Esso without issue. I only ever buy from the big four, BP, Shell, Texaco or Esso.

The reason supermarket diesel is frequently not recommended is that they usually supply "city diesel" which is lower "quality" hence the price.

Esso is the international trade name of ExxonMobil and is the world's 3rd largest company by revenue according to Wikipedia.

Wow I never realised there was a difference!! I fill up whenever and wherever it flashes up that if I don't I might break down!!!

Oooh might treat my car to some 'special' fuel!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I stuck "quality" in quotes as any fuel has to meet a minimum standard, but the major brands fuels usually have additives and cleaners which are supposed help keep the engine running better.

Some are also a higher rating in terms of extra bang for the volume, which is why you can get better mpg as the car can use less of it to achieve the same power output.

I filled up at Esso yesterday so will see how it goes. The place I filled up had standard and premium for both petrol and diesel. Went for the standard, which had gone up 1p so was 1p cheaper than Morrisons.