Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Esp Malfunction

yidboy69

Had this come up on my digi on the way home on my 09 T200 Connect so turned off and started again and off i went. Been through a lot of mud on a farm so could the sensors just be dirty? Has the odd lumping/misfire just before. What's the best way to vlean and where are they located? Thanks.

Probably is a dirty sensor, it will dry and flake off in time, alternatively if you take a hose to it, you could speed that process up.

With regards the lumpy running, it could be worth cleaning the MAF sensor or MAP sensor with Electrical Contact cleaner and see if that helps?

Thanks very much for the reply. Seeing as i just about know where the steering wheel is, can you help eith sensor location. I assume the ESP is under near the wheels and the MAP/MAF in the engine bay? Cheers.

No worries well esp actually uses the abs sensors, so 12 of clock behind the wheels, then you could just jet wash the wheel area.

As for the maf sensor, if you find the air filter box with the hose coming out and to the turbo the maf sensor is here on the side with the box, just look for the wiring going into it :-) when you find it let me know.

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

I have found a 4 wire plug that goes into the housing of the air filter box just before it runs away into a large borepipe. Does that sound correct?

Sounds right, so you need to disconnect this and use the torx screwdriver to remove the sensor it's connected to then drown it in electrical contract cleaner and replace

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Ford OC mobile app

• 5 years later...

hi just wondering if you can help me i have a ford focus zetec s .iv had wheel balancing and that done.but my steering wheel is still shaking any idea what could be causing it to do that 

thanks 

sophie

• 1 year later...

I have a 2010 transit connect esp traction control been on from day 1 ov haven it replaced wheel sensors the code on computer is u0125  people say it's the yaw module near gear stick can anyone help please  the code says lost communication with multi axis acceleration sensor 

• 5 months later...

I have 2010 Transit Connect Sport.

I have daily ESP Sensor failure fault.  The AA and two garages can not tell me what the problem is.  One AA man said the ESP wiring was also part of Injector circuit and suggested that I replace all four injectors.  Replacing injectors has reduced the occurrence of the problem by about 75% but not completely cured it.

I can sometimes clear fault while still moving by going into neutral, turning engine off, waiting a few seconds then restarting engine. This method was told to me by a mechanic who has same problem with his Ford car.

If this does not work then I pull over, wait about five minutes then restart engine.  This usually clears fault message.  Sometimes I have to do this a couple of times.

Problem is worse in cold,damp weather.  Most often occurs when accelerating up a hill (or even a gentle rise in the road), accelerating while turning left on to a main from a side road and strangely when driving past what look like mobile phone masts.  There is a mast a mile from my home and when driving up a gentle rise in road  and past the mast  ESP Malfunction to appear on screen.

Anyone any ideas?

Steve

• 6 months later...
On 12/12/2020 at 11:32 AM, dotcomSteve said:

I have 2010 Transit Connect Sport.

I have daily ESP Sensor failure fault.  The AA and two garages can not tell me what the problem is.  One AA man said the ESP wiring was also part of Injector circuit and suggested that I replace all four injectors.  Replacing injectors has reduced the occurrence of the problem by about 75% but not completely cured it.

I can sometimes clear fault while still moving by going into neutral, turning engine off, waiting a few seconds then restarting engine. This method was told to me by a mechanic who has same problem with his Ford car.

If this does not work then I pull over, wait about five minutes then restart engine.  This usually clears fault message.  Sometimes I have to do this a couple of times.

Problem is worse in cold,damp weather.  Most often occurs when accelerating up a hill (or even a gentle rise in the road), accelerating while turning left on to a main from a side road and strangely when driving past what look like mobile phone masts.  There is a mast a mile from my home and when driving up a gentle rise in road  and past the mast  ESP Malfunction to appear on screen.

Anyone any ideas?

Steve

Having a similar issue, though not to this degree. did you ever find a solution? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club