Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Which Air Filter To Suit My Car

Lee Oyston

Hi I have a ford fiesta zetec 58 reg and was wondering what type of air filter system I should get for my car I want the air filter to sound loud and sporty is their any certain makes to avoid or good makes to get and also with a reasonable budget

Thanks

if you want the noise, you wont really get that from the filter.

To sound louder you need to make the exhaust bigger so it has more room to echo, the air going through a filter wont really do that, or will be barely noticable. You could install an induction kit to make it sound louder, but at the expense of heatsoak and subsequent power

K&N filter is probably the best bet to get a better performance, maybe a better noise, but it wont make a great deal of difference.

Pretty much what jeebo said! I tried the filter route on my corsa as I didn't fancy an exhaust. Ended up wasting money on a panel and a cone filter. Both didn't make that much difference in sound. Though the cone sounded awesome on the inside.

Ended up getting a custom exhaust from powerflow! Sounds exactly how you want that way.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have a link for the k&n air filters for a fez s 13 plate.

Mark

I have to disagree sorry! ;)

I put the J1 filter on my ZS and the induction noise is fantastic. No you can't hear it as loud outside (but it is louder for sure), but when you plant your right foot the sound inside compared to stock is VERY sporty.

I've not suffered any heat soak at all, it's quite well shielded, and I'd lay money it's up a few bhp but you won't notice that, just the noise :)

I know there is one going half price in the for sale section, if it's not sold already I'd snap it up.

Which do you use Martin?

James I have the J1 Automotive cai kit on. Seriously impressed :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club