Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eibach Redline

HarryEamer

Hi,

I am looking at buying the Eibach redline lowering springs from pumaspeed here

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-REDLINE-Special-Edition-Level-Springs-by-Eibach_16246.jsp&pic=2

Has anyone installed these if so any pics would be great

Cheers

Sorry forgot to mention this will be on a fiesta mk7.5 Zetec S

• 3 weeks later...

Also looking at getting some but can't find anyone that's done it. Have you had them done yet?

Sorry Kane I haven't. I found out because I'm on finance I can not do it, or at least with them knowing, if u find someone let me know

I thought Eibach are ford approved and if they fit them personally it still keeps warranty, that is if that's your concern?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

That's exactly what I thought but the reaction I got from the lady on the phone was pure shock. The fact I wanted to change something seemed to baffle her lol

Hmm strange. Might give my dealer a ring and see what they say and let you know, because I'm sure other people have had it done and kept warranty.

I haven't really looked into how warranty is affected by mods but I presume it only voids the warranty of the changed part, and Eibach springs should come with a manufacturers warranty, so you might be able to get away with changing them and losing your ford warranty on the suspension and just compromising with manufacturer warranty for the springs?

Yeah if you could let me know that would be great. I don't understand it, I am technically improving the car

Hey! I've just ordered the Eibach lowering springs (40) for my Fiesta Titanuim but haven't received them yet.

I had to change my insurance company as they wouldn't let me do that either. I was with Ford but I've had to swap to Adrian Flux!

I don't see what they freak out for as like you say it's an improvement! :)

Oh that's great I might have to do that then. Can you upload pics as soon as you have done it please?

Sent from my C6903 using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah I'll upload it as soon as I've done it. Might be a couple of weeks yet though :(

Thanks that would be great.

• 1 month later...

I am also looking to get them. Wasn't sure between the sport line or redline. I think the redline is better right?

Yeah redline is the top end I think

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Yeah redline is the top end I think

Have u installed them or are you still thinking about it? I'm interested to see some pics also.

No I was seeing if anyone had installed them yet

I would go very careful regards the warranty. If you change the springs ford will do anything to get out of paying up not just the springs but with anything that has been touched moved in that area.

Basically as an example if your steering rack went !Removed! up you can bet your bottom dollar they will say it's cause was from lowering.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Your best bet is to leave it alone until your warranty is up but stock up on all the mods you want to do. Lol

Never, the options I have is not do it or do it and remove it all before services etc. I wonder what I'm going to do ;)

Rather you than me keep removing the springs every year for a service. Lol.

No that's an easy job

Yeah I'm afraid so, one they are bright red, 2 50mm is a big difference

I would strongly advise against lowering your car 50mm on OEM Dampers.. The shocks would be battered in a year or so and would need replacing. Eibach do a Pro-Kit, which lowers the car 30/35mm, It'd be less stress on the dampers & they're black so Ford might not even notice come your service. Car sits nicely once settled and ride is Firmer but has a more connected feel to the road.

Example of 30/35mm:

1798603_10152352634463329_66067437795892

• Like 1

Bede I know this was one of my issues I was hoping to get answered by someone who had installed them. That does look nice the 30-35mm drop.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club