Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Servicing Costs

Roderick Pask

I have now had my Fiesta Ecoboost 100bhp for 12 months. I took it to my supplying dealer fir its first service. I noticed the fixed price service cost for a Fiesta is £152 in small print £25 extra for turbo. Question what extra work is done because the car has a turbocharger or is this just another rip off?

I've just booked my 1.0 zetec S in for a service. It's done 4000 miles & they want £169 including labour, parts & vat.

Apparently that includes pollen filter, which I doubt I really need, washer fluid which I keep filled up anyway, & a wash & vac that I don't want them to do!!

They also want £12 for one days insurance in their courtesy car, that's £4300 a year they stand to make from that!!

My guess would be they will charge extra for the Ecoboost 5W 20 oil.

I got an independent company to do mine with genuine ford parts £100 total and got the work done minus the gimmicky wash + vacuum etc

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I've just booked my 1.0 zetec S in for a service. It's done 4000 miles & they want £169 including labour, parts & vat.

Apparently that includes pollen filter, which I doubt I really need, washer fluid which I keep filled up anyway, & a wash & vac that I don't want them to do!!

They also want £12 for one days insurance in their courtesy car, that's £4300 a year they stand to make from that!!

Aha they tried to stiff me for the insurance cover as well, if you're fully comp they'll let you take the courtesy and you save yourself 12quid! Every little helps!

Just had a Major service on my mk6 facelift at 189 all in which wasn't too bad..

That said, mine came out with gauges on the sides of 3/4 tyres, needless to say I'm p*ssed off!

Further to that apparently I need a new master cylinder due to fords stupid flawed design which will cost me another 200 odd quid..

Rant over, if you've all got newer fords you'll be fine :)))

I just signed up to the service plan. 3 years at £13 (just over £156 a service) gets me 3 services, no price increases, a valet, courtesy car and of course breakdown cover saving at least £60 a year from elsewhere. I don't think its a bad deal personally. Also as my service will be due in January no big bill just after xmas.

I suppose the good thing is that although I'm paying £181 all in all for my service, I get another years AA cover worth around £70.

My previous car included breakdown cover with the servicing but not to a very high level. I would check the cover as £181 including £70's of cover seems very good value.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club