Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My14 St-2 Ordered - Going Out In A Blaze Of Glory

The Dark Knight

Well i was told my ZETEC S would take 8 -10 weeks, it took 21 in the end.

This wouldn't happen to have been Perrys would it?

Some members on here will recall this review: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/46947-my-personal-review-of-the-fiesta-st/

I largely stand by it although having test driven a stock ST last Saturday, I will say it is far more civilised than the mountune version and still very quick. With a little theft from my savings (which I intend to pay back gradually) and a slight pay rise in April, I decided to snap up a very good deal from Geoff Cox Ford which makes it just affordable despite Uni fees.

The Deal

I have ordered a race red ST-2 as it is with no extras. Dealer offered £11,400 for my ZS with 5.2k miles on the clock.

I currently pay £x per month in total for my ZS, the service plan and GAP cover. The deal over 2 years on the ST-2 is £3 per month less that what I pay now but with no service plan or GAP. I can live without the service plan and my sneaky savings theft is paying for GAP outright at a lot cheaper than dealer prices.

The bonus is that when I get it, I will cancel my existing GAP policy and get a full refund less £35 admin fee, so that's £265 thanks very much.

When do I get it?

It is a factory order and the salesman told me today that it is guaranteed week commencing 7th April... So I look forward to collecting it in October :unsure:

What about exisiting finance?

I spoke to the salesman today and he has put the settlement through the Ford system today. Being a Ford plan, they can just pay electronically so I am cancelling my direct debit tonight. This means I get payday on Friday and 28th March with no finance to pay so I am banking that cash to pay back the savings theft :) New agreement payable from 28th April assuming it is delivered when promised.

Insurance

I currently pay £20 per month for the ZS, best quote for an ST-2 was £27 per month with AXA. Will try Ford once I know the reg just to see what they offer.

Conclusion

The deal was too good to miss. My circumstances including moving out in the next 3-4 years, dictate that the car will be handed back at the end of the agreement so as per the title, I am going out in a blaze of glory.

Key question for existing owners: What is the real world MPG like? I drove like a nun just to see what happened on the test drive and at one point I saw 45mpg. I then floored it joining the A38 and saw 31mpg :lol: Still, got to give it the beans sometimes.

I will finish like I did my review, with a paraody of a quote from The Dark Knight: You either die a Zetec-S or you live long enough, to see yourself become the ST! :lol:

sounds like you struck a bargain!

I'm considering going for a ST-2 but Ford are offering me 8k for my S1600 :(

Lucky man great car!, Was you offered the Montune upgrade by the dealer? which boosts the BHP from 182 to 212BHP for an extra £675.00 , I'd love one but need a bigger motor but my wife as a '09 1.4 Titanium and that's great fun! .

They mentioned that kit but didn't actually offer it. I am happy with it stock because it is plenty quick enough and the £600 upgrade is simply too big a theft from my savings to be able to pay back by the time I need to lol!

Also, the stock ST is far more civilised around town than the mountune one. I dare say that my review would have differed on those issues if I had driven a stock ST last year.

Two quick questions for owners:

1: Do you think the keyless entry and start is just a toy/gimmick or do you actually find it useful?

2: The car sounded great on the test drive but once the novelty has worn off, do you find the sound symposer fun still? The critics have said it is excellent and makes the engine sound great but I wondered how you guys find it in everyday driving and if you still enjoy the sound big time

1. Keyless entry would be good as its keyless start having to find your keys to open the car then not needing it to start does anmoy me. Suppose it gives a little added security, should add I had keyless entry added to my previos titanium so was already used to the keyless entry shenanigans.

2. Still enjoy the sound big time. Does occasionally get on my nerves.

• Like 1

1. Keyless entry would be good as its keyless start having to find your keys to open the car then not needing it to start does anmoy me.

+1

The sound is fine for me although I have only had mine about 7 weeks but it's not really that noisy.

• Like 1

I ordered mine at beginning of February and at time no build date. Heard earlier this wk that build date is 20 march and delivery early April. My experience of build dates, like you makes me a bit sceptical...

Keep thinking like that and you be dissapointed. ;)

Just to add my two pennorth. Got my ST2 on 5th November, no fireworks though :ph34r: . I tend to drive it well within the speed limits without flooring it and get 42-44 mpg according to the computer although I do like to have a little fun on occasion. Country roads being what they have been recently, soaked and covered in mud, I prefer to be careful. The engine and exhaust noises are no problem at all, and my only lack of full satisfaction are the seat pans. I find the base is very narrow so the supporting sides can dig in if I don't sit in one particular position. Had a look at the Focus ST and it's got the same seats, so decided not to consider an upgrade to that when I've had enough.

Insurance is a nice £149 and was actually less than my previous car, a 307 TD estate. All in all, I'm happy and hopefully the seat will eventually mould to me. :lol:

forgot to add, from ordering and I specified my extras, it took 8 weeks to get to me. Would have been 7 but The car was sat in Dagenham for a week waiting to be put on a transporter. The dealer had 4 slots in the build queue they could use so mine was slipped into one of those.

Edited by Gary.J

I find the keyless very useful - it's great being able to just walk up with your hands full and open the door without needing to get the key out. And as said above, the keyless start is made a bit pointless if you have to find the key to get in...

I haven't got bored of the sound at all yet - a couple of weeks ago I had the window down chatting to someone while parked, and didn't bother putting it up before I set off. Realising the turbo can be heard with the window down, I then proceeded to drive for around 10 minutes (until I got to the motorway) with the window down, completely freezing my right hand and arm due to a combination of low temperatures and driving at 50-60mph! So yeh, the sound is good. Can't wait for summer!

I find the keyless very useful - it's great being able to just walk up with your hands full and open the door without needing to get the key out. And as said above, the keyless start is made a bit pointless if you have to find the key to get in...

If your hands are full, how do you open the door? As for keyles start, it's nice to leave the key in my pocket, just click it to unlock the doors. No fuss no problem.

I would have liked the folding door mirrors but the option wasn't available until my car was on the build line and they wouldn't add it, but the keyless option didn't bother me.

I love everything about mine, and the novelty of the sound has not worn off!! B)

You will love it.

Some members on here will recall this review: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/46947-my-personal-review-of-the-fiesta-st/

I largely stand by it although having test driven a stock ST last Saturday, I will say it is far more civilised than the mountune version and still very quick. With a little theft from my savings (which I intend to pay back gradually) and a slight pay rise in April, I decided to snap up a very good deal from Geoff Cox Ford which makes it just affordable despite Uni fees.

The Deal

I have ordered a race red ST-2 as it is with no extras. Dealer offered £11,400 for my ZS with 5.2k miles on the clock.

I currently pay £x per month in total for my ZS, the service plan and GAP cover. The deal over 2 years on the ST-2 is £3 per month less that what I pay now but with no service plan or GAP. I can live without the service plan and my sneaky savings theft is paying for GAP outright at a lot cheaper than dealer prices.

The bonus is that when I get it, I will cancel my existing GAP policy and get a full refund less £35 admin fee, so that's £265 thanks very much.

When do I get it?

It is a factory order and the salesman told me today that it is guaranteed week commencing 7th April... So I look forward to collecting it in October :unsure:

What about exisiting finance?

I spoke to the salesman today and he has put the settlement through the Ford system today. Being a Ford plan, they can just pay electronically so I am cancelling my direct debit tonight. This means I get payday on Friday and 28th March with no finance to pay so I am banking that cash to pay back the savings theft :) New agreement payable from 28th April assuming it is delivered when promised.

Insurance

I currently pay £20 per month for the ZS, best quote for an ST-2 was £27 per month with AXA. Will try Ford once I know the reg just to see what they offer.

Conclusion

The deal was too good to miss. My circumstances including moving out in the next 3-4 years, dictate that the car will be handed back at the end of the agreement so as per the title, I am going out in a blaze of glory.

Key question for existing owners: What is the real world MPG like? I drove like a nun just to see what happened on the test drive and at one point I saw 45mpg. I then floored it joining the A38 and saw 31mpg :lol: Still, got to give it the beans sometimes.

I will finish like I did my review, with a paraody of a quote from The Dark Knight: You either die a Zetec-S or you live long enough, to see yourself become the ST! :lol:

sounds like you struck a bargain!

I'm considering going for a ST-2 but Ford are offering me 8k for my S1600 :(

the sound never gets boring. I love my st by far best car iv owned. fast great grip great sound and decent mpg I drive hard and still get 30.6mpg

well done ford now bring on the fiesta RS :)

If your hands are full, how do you open the door? As for keyles start, it's nice to leave the key in my pocket, just click it to unlock the doors. No fuss no problem.

One finger is all you need, poke the button on the car with it, pull the handle till the door opens a bit, then get your arm/elbow in to open it all the way! Admittedly not the easiest of things to do, but more doable and quicker than figuring out exactly where the button is on the key when it's at some strange angle in your pocket! It's all about the laziness in my case lol. It's just a shame the button is a black thing on the outside of the handle, why couldn't they make it some kind of touchless sensor on the inside instead (between the handle and door) that activates when you put your hand in to open the door! It's not so bad on darker cars, but it stands out like a sore thumb on a white one! Glad I have the blue :lol:.

• 3 weeks later...

Dealer phoned today to let me choose my reg plate and then provisionally arrange the drive away cover. Hopefully that means all on schedule for w/c 7th April

Just over a week to go - You must be getting excited now!

Dave you will love the ST. I remember the last couple of weeks before I got mine were the worst I just wanted it so badly. But when you get if be ready to have a permanent smile on your face.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club