Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My14 St-2 Ordered - Going Out In A Blaze Of Glory

The Dark Knight

Some members on here will recall this review: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/46947-my-personal-review-of-the-fiesta-st/

I largely stand by it although having test driven a stock ST last Saturday, I will say it is far more civilised than the mountune version and still very quick. With a little theft from my savings (which I intend to pay back gradually) and a slight pay rise in April, I decided to snap up a very good deal from Geoff Cox Ford which makes it just affordable despite Uni fees.

The Deal

I have ordered a race red ST-2 as it is with no extras. Dealer offered £11,400 for my ZS with 5.2k miles on the clock.

I currently pay £x per month in total for my ZS, the service plan and GAP cover. The deal over 2 years on the ST-2 is £3 per month less that what I pay now but with no service plan or GAP. I can live without the service plan and my sneaky savings theft is paying for GAP outright at a lot cheaper than dealer prices.

The bonus is that when I get it, I will cancel my existing GAP policy and get a full refund less £35 admin fee, so that's £265 thanks very much.

When do I get it?

It is a factory order and the salesman told me today that it is guaranteed week commencing 7th April... So I look forward to collecting it in October :unsure:

What about exisiting finance?

I spoke to the salesman today and he has put the settlement through the Ford system today. Being a Ford plan, they can just pay electronically so I am cancelling my direct debit tonight. This means I get payday on Friday and 28th March with no finance to pay so I am banking that cash to pay back the savings theft :) New agreement payable from 28th April assuming it is delivered when promised.

Insurance

I currently pay £20 per month for the ZS, best quote for an ST-2 was £27 per month with AXA. Will try Ford once I know the reg just to see what they offer.

Conclusion

The deal was too good to miss. My circumstances including moving out in the next 3-4 years, dictate that the car will be handed back at the end of the agreement so as per the title, I am going out in a blaze of glory.

Key question for existing owners: What is the real world MPG like? I drove like a nun just to see what happened on the test drive and at one point I saw 45mpg. I then floored it joining the A38 and saw 31mpg :lol: Still, got to give it the beans sometimes.

I will finish like I did my review, with a paraody of a quote from The Dark Knight: You either die a Zetec-S or you live long enough, to see yourself become the ST! :lol:

Good move placing an order! MPG wise, mine stays at 34 (that's me working it out, the car always claims its 36ish). That's a pretty short wait time, mine was 4 days short of being 3 months! March will go very slowly :D.

Well, with 3 hideous exams in March and revision consuming my time not spent at work, I could quote Lee Van Cleef in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: "The month will go fast" :lol:

What's the difference between a factory order and non-factory ?

What's the difference between a factory order and non-factory ?

Basically it is an order to the factory itself where they are rolling off the production line. The dealer had a white ST-2 in stock but I don't like white and they tried to get me a new one from other dealers but the other dealers told them to sod off basically.

So fingers crossed for on time delivery

I was told the short waiting time for my ZS order was because they might be able to "ID Tag" a car in the spec I wanted, so I'm guessing this must be a factory order

Does this happen when someone orders one & it's in the system & then for whatever reason cancels it for example so it's there for the taking for someone else maybe ?

I'm getting 35 mpg but let's be honest your not buying this for that reason are you? I have been very surprised at costs insurance tax all pretty much the same my finance went up but that was due to borrowing an additional £5k but over a longer period payments were manageable, I had an endowment mature so the saving paid the increase.

Did you not get the Street pack? It is free at the moment.

I hope you do get it by April but as you say likely to be longer. My first delivery date was 31st Oct wasn't even built till December and got it in January, 4 months. But its worth the wait these cars are awesome, very quick but just as happy around town in traffic. I'm hoping to get out at the weekend for a blast over the Pennines, weather permitting.

You are right, I am not buying for MPG but was curious as to real world figures. I drive the ZS with a lead foot and get 39 or 40 typically so if I calm down just for cruising to work and back down the A38, I won't be far off that anyway.

No streetpack as far as I know and I just checked the Ford website and could not see it on there. There is a free style pack when you lease the ST as opposed to using options.

I upgraded from a ZS as well, similar figures with a heavy right foot.

Street pack included the tinted windows and illuminated sill plates. Perhaps they are standard fit now?

Hi Dave are you the lad with the Red ZS i spoke to on Saterday 62 plate outside Geoff Cox showroom looking at white ST if so glad you got what you were looking for.

Hi, I don't think so as I can't remember speaking to anyone outside. My ZS is 13 plate.

Hi is this a trend 2 ZS on the same day ? Think I will give Geoff Cox a try to see the offer for a TitainumX 125 Race Red full dress up 17" wheels.

Well the salesman got his facts a bit wrong. He said I could cancel my direct debit as they were settling the finance but then he rang me to say that they can't settle now as they will be out of pocket by April.

I dashed to the bank and re-instated the direct debit and rang Ford Finance and they said all ok at their end. The pay off is that the monthly payments will be £15-£20 less per month approx. due to the further instalments in February and March on my exisiting agreement which brings the settlement figure down.

Could have done without the hassle but at least I will be a bit better off per month now

Welcome to the ST club, read your review after you first posted it and kinda new you wanted one really! Mid 30's on the mpg on mine slightly higher on long journeys. You will find it hard not to drive like a hooligan though. Didn't want to have Race Red at first but Couldnt imagine having an ST in any other colour now.

Cheers. I definitely wanted one but I never thought there could be a deal that brought it within my reach given my circumstances. I have been a bit naughty with savings theft but I will pay it back gradually. You only live once lol!

The stock ST is much nicer to live with day to day than the mountune one I think so perhaps my review would have differed if it wasn't the mountune version.

It really is stunning and Richard Hammond nailed it on Top Gear because despite losing the drag race (not by much), it is streets ahead everywhere else. It puts the biggest smile on your face and you can't put a price on that!

I think what impressed me most (besides the glorious seats and epic handling) was the effortless acceleration with no turbo lag. I floored it joining the A38 on the test drive and flew past this sporty-ish Astra (still rubbish as it's a Vauxhall).

I backed off to see how it settled at 70 in 6th (impressive) and suddenly, Astra man was close behind as I went past a lorry. I accelerated in 6th (not flooring it) and the way it accelerated was so controlled and effortless, it was just sublime. The Astra duly went backwards or so it seemed :P

Love it every time I get in, big cheesy smile probably makes folks think I'm all a little weird but ask me if I give a s**t..

It is hard not to floor it at every opportunity but when you do, oh boy!

• Like 1

Yes it suprises people had a illegitimate gentleman driving up my exhaust pipe in a 30 mph limit that ends and goes to national speed limit he was left looking somewhat foolish as he tried to overtake and I hit the accelerator.

Think the car is best suited to national speed limit country roads you need some corners to enjoy yourself around.

When do I get it?

It is a factory order and the salesman told me today that it is guaranteed week commencing 7th April... So I look forward to collecting it in October :unsure:

Great sense of humour.

• Like 1

I have been quoted 7th April with an outside chance it could be 23rd March for my ZS but I'm not holding out much hope

Well i was told my ZETEC S would take 8 -10 weeks, it took 21 in the end.

When do I get it?

Great sense of humour.

Cheers, I think it's laugh or cry when a car gets delayed lol! I really hope it is on time but the longer I wait, the lower the settlement figure gets as I pay more and more off my agreement. Therefore the payments will come down a bit at a time.

Lucky man great car!, Was you offered the Montune upgrade by the dealer? which boosts the BHP from 182 to 212BHP for an extra £675.00 , I'd love one but need a bigger motor but my wife as a '09 1.4 Titanium and that's great fun! .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club