Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Central Locking Problems

Philf1

Hope some of you may be able to help me with a problem I am having with my central locking on my ST2.

Unlocking the car and boot only unlocking are working fine.

Problem is locking it using the remote key fob. If I stand in front of the car or at the side its works OK. However if I stand at the back it becomes very temperamental and can take several button presses before it finally locks and arms the alarm. Obviously this is not good. It's almost like there is a blind spot.

The dealer has re-programmed my keys today but no improvement so car will have to go back for a full day for them to try and sort it out.

I'm hoping someone on here might have had a similar issue and know what the problem is so I can give the dealer a clue.

Any ideas much appreciated?

Can't say I've heard of the issue and I'm on a few forums. At least you've got warranty so keep pushing the dealer for a fix.

Will be,strangest thing I really can't understand it myself

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Could it be just the sensor isn't seeing the signal when the fob when you lock it from behind ??

Dan it could be that it really is like there is a blind spot, but I can't understand why, never had that problem with my ZS.

For some strange reason they might have had to move the receiver, it could just be a blind spot m8, if the dealership dont find anything

!Removed! annoying though. I lock from the rear most times I get home cause of where I park.

• 4 weeks later...

Update.

Had the car in the garage for a whole day and guess what, there's nothing wrong and all is working within agreed limits.

Evidently Ford have reduced the range of the keys when locking to reduce the risk of them being cloned. So the key will only work up to a maximum of 2 metres at the front and 1.5 metres at the back. I have attached a copy of the work sheet which they gave me that is specific to my chassis number, sorry quality is really poor.

post-38083-0-98775200-1395962398_thumb.p

However I still find that locking doesn't always work even when I'm stood with my legs touching the bumper. So frustrated.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club