Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Bus Vs Vauxhall - I Win!

jeebowhite

I think in that position, they can just give you the money to have it repaired (based on their quote) then you would have to pay the difference to get it repaired by Ford.

They can't force you to repair it where they want, but they can refuse to pay a rate they are not happy with. I have no doubt it is all in the t and cs :(

T's and C's I can think of a few words there to describe insurance companies

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I can think of two words T's and C;s, no more than a couple of sylables per word....

To be honest, I will just go take it to a few tomorrow, couple of Ford Dealers, couple of Indie's see what they say. Anyone dealt with "Nationwide" before? are they any good? overpriced? good value?

I can think of two words T's and C;s, no more than a couple of sylables per word....

To be honest, I will just go take it to a few tomorrow, couple of Ford Dealers, couple of Indie's see what they say. Anyone dealt with "Nationwide" before? are they any good? overpriced? good value?

Yup, dealt with Nationwide.

Not too bad an experience - the only problems I had were when Ford took the car to reset the computer for the new seatbelt pretensioners (they dragged their heels for over a week).

The quality of workmanship is excellent.

I do have one small niggle that I need to contact them about. Got a slight groaning noise from the nsf suspension or steering (had new rack and full nsf suspension rebuild).

But, I know that when I do ring them up, they'll happily look it over within as soon as they can.

The service was excellent, and by way of apology for the extra delay they washed the rest of the car, full interior valet (very well done!!) And a full tank of fuel (went to them with the fuel light on).

Although thw BIGGEST problem...courtesy car was a brand new Pug 208. What an awful car that was...only redeeming features were cruise control and it was pretty frugal on fuel. I was offered a 159...but they were all out :-(

Overall score:

8/10

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

A good alternative for a quote then :D

Stick the footage on YouTube

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

Nothing much to look at, me crawling along behind a queue of traffic at a couple of miles an hour then the camera wobbles like I just punched it, thats all there is unfortunately....

Well, I took a drive this morning to an alternate Ford dealer (he sucked his gut in so, yeah....) I also took it to nationwide, who advised around 1200 - 1500 at an average guess, but they are looking to send me a quote through.

No way am I going to Joe's shed to get the repair done, if they do that is! I have two kids in the car and I am not risking their safety, so I expect that it will probably be written off eventually!

Never know with insurances, they may try and say you failed to provide adequate input In an allotted time and close the claim. I don't see how a dealer will automatically do a better job than an independent body shop with good reputation. The dealer's get paid regardless where as independent make their living off it so messing up matters more to them.

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

Well, I took the car to nationwide, they quoted £1600 and £1900 (inclusive and exclusive of fixing the ding in the bootlid!

So thats 1600 from a nationwide, and £1900 from Ford, just awaiting the second Ford quote coming in.

To be honest, I dont want to trust anyone smaller than this to do the job. granted, I bought the car as a Cat C, so I know its of course going to be a tad weaker than the other, but I dont want a company trying to take a shortcut and taking a damaged car and making it more of a danger to the kids....

Well, I am completely gobsmacked!

Ford quoted £2400 for repairs, insurer negotiated it down to £2098.... in essence the car will be back to its pre written off state. apparently the amusing thing is, the engineers wouldnt have authorised repair if the car was deemed write off worthy, so I have asked them to review it again.

Apparently though as its now possibly being repaired to its pre accident state (and the backend was the reason for the write off) apparently that means my car should no longer present as written off?

is that the case? and if so, can I get the write off marker removed? alternatively, if they do repair it, I will be looking to sell it on as completely repaired by Ford to its pre accident state. might not get 100% of the value, but shouldnt lose a lot!

I am definately not keeping this car though, its either cursed for me, or it just doesnt like me... but I cannot continue to drive it...

What a bummer. Definitely sell it and move on to the Mindel you are craving

!Removed! spell check!!!!! Mondeo that should read

lol, mindel is a good nickname for her!

yeah I think I will be passing it on. I will sell it cheap declaring its past, better to get something than nothing for the car I guess!

So heres the question, knowing my cars been in an accident once before (not that I am asking any of you to buy it!) who would actually pay £1300 for my CMAX, given that its once a write off but will have been repaired by Ford to their own standards?

Is this underselling or overselling the car? 1.6TDCi with only the most recent service on its history (formerly serviced annually but no papertrail) and its an Auto I might even sell it on with 3 months extended warranty as is currently offered by Warranty Direct if thats possible!)

Someone will always buy if the price is right. Make sure you check out local dealers private ads and we buy any car to make sure you max the value

well without cat C WBAC would pay 1900 for it, I would be saying that its probably 1600 at best, I will probably sell it with 3 months warranty direct cover as well).

Just gotta wait for it to get repaired and go from there.

Any suggestions anyone can offer in regards to selling an ex Cat C car would be most welcome!

I'm surprised that the insurers are willing to repair it and not just write it off.

I think I'd be the same in your position though, use this as a reason to move the car on for something else.

from what i have read 'webuyanycar' are offering pretty decent values on cars so it might be worth a shot. there was a post on focusstoc forum...if i find it i will post a link.

given that its once a write off but will have been repaired by Ford to their own standards?
So, it's still a write-off? :P
  • Like 1

Pretty much BigD, but I am about to post a new thread in the introduce yourself forum, although I think I have been here for a while, I want to introduce my new toy!

so here it is: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/54014-welcome-my-new-car/

and Phil, I do like your typo and am seriously considering calling my car Mindel!

so, the guy is looking to give me £1400 for my car, and all I have left to pay on the mondy is £2200

I am over the moon! just getting it booked in for its repairs and off I go!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club