Do Not Sell My Personal Information

05 Focus 2.0 Tdci High Pressure Fuel Pump Fitting...

dolsoft

About a month ago my wife's 05 Focus 2.0 TDCi wouldn't start one morning and our local Ford garage changed the fuel filter and they stated that there was evidence of filings in the housing which could lead to the high pressure pump failing. Sure enough it cut out on her last week.

I've sourced a pump and I'm halfway through fitting it and I'm slightly worried about what I've seen in the engine block.... The cavity that the pump fills doesn't seem to have anything there for the pump shaft to engage with, pump shaft being about 1.5" wide and 0.5" high...

The pump is a Siemens...

Is this normal?... Can I just install the pump as is or should there be something in the cavity to engage...

Also found out that the 2.0 TDCi is notoriously difficult to get going again... Any tips?

Thanks in advance...

Yer your not kidding it's hard to start I,d get hold of a primer to suck the diesel through you can get them off eBay for £16 almost certain on mine when I changed the pump there a lobe to fit in the end of the cam to drive it will have look Tommrow by the way I have two spare engines so if you ever need bits give us a shout

Hi Steads...

Thanks for the reply...

The lobe you mention... Is that a separate part? Do you have a photo of it you could upload?

Cheers...

No the lobe is part of the pump hope this page from the manual helps youpost-29006-0-62428800-1393617806_thumb.jpost-29006-0-62428800-1393617806_thumb.j