Show
Photo

04 1.8 Tdci Sport - Starting / Fuelling Problems!

Sport 1.8 tdci start fuel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chalkie247

chalkie247

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: nicola
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2004

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

Hi, hoping someone out there might be able to shed some light on the multitude of problems we're having with my focus.

First and foremost, probs worth mentioning that I'm lucky enough that my better half is a mechanic, but alas he is losing patience and I'm nervous he's gonna take a can and a lighter to my car any day now!!!!

It started with the very common slow starting issues, to which we changed the battery and the glow plugs. Whilst it was trying to start, I'd also get some smoke.

Neither battery or glow plugs made any difference and on some winter mornings it would eventually give up as if the battery was dead....although I knew it was fine!

A friend with datalogger came and plugged in and confirmed fuel pressure was too low, so we purchased a replacement (2nd hand) fuel pump. Fitted this and problem got worse whereby it only started with brake cleaner sprayed in air intake and then it would cut out again.

Checked on datalogger again, fuel pressure still way too low so removed pump and returned as faulty.
Supplier sent another pump and fitted that last weekend and still won't start with out brake cleaner and once it does, when rev'd billows a TON of white smoke, which I'm aware is unburnt fuel.

Timing has been checked and double checked so 100% sure that isn't out and not convinced injectors can be the problem as issue has gotten worse without having touched them, but we're getting short on ideas......and patience/interest to be honest!!

ANY info anyone has that you think might help would be very gratefully received....even if its not the best news, anything will help I'm sure!

Thanks in advance!!!

Nicola

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mick85

mick85

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:24 AM

Wat fuel pressure getting have checked sensor on the rail

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

#3 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,036 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:07 AM

As above. fuel pressure sensor on the common rail or even a dirty fuel filter.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sport, 1.8 tdci, start, fuel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users