• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 Jon_P

Jon_P

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: just looking!
Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for all the feedback, i'm swaying back towards buying again after being initially quite dissapointed with the figures from the trip computer after the test drive. I was edging towards just staying put with the Golf and living with the fuel economy
Looks like the main problem will be my local dealer managing to get hold of a 1.6tdci Zetec in the colour I want at a price I can afford!
The 1.6's seem pretty thin on the ground from Ford Direct, seems like the Fiesta is proving to be quite popular at the moment

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 hedgepig

hedgepig

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:03 PM

What you get from a petrol you get double from a Diesel?

Who's told you that?

That would mean that based on my average of 42 mpg from the petrol variant, you think that you will get 84 mpg from the diesel?

I'm afraid you're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that's the case. :lol:

However, you're quite right about the road tax being cheaper though.......

#18 Helena

Helena

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta MK6 Zetec
Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:23 AM

Who's told you that?

That would mean that based on my average of 42 mpg from the petrol variant, you think that you will get 84 mpg from the diesel?

I'm afraid you're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that's the case. :lol:

However, you're quite right about the road tax being cheaper though.......

How do you know I havn't got a trick up my sleeve getting me 80 odd Mpg ;) .. Haha only kidding.

Your right. stupid question. I quoted that from a petrol VW Golf driver haha. Random but I'm all for non biased opinions, though he did have a 1.9 TDCI Vectra before that and said he regrets selling it for that very reason. Odd but anyways..

In a strange way I'v got to agree with him maybe not as a stone cold fact but on a personal measure.

Theres things that have made it worth owning a Deisel. I get Cheaper tax, cheaper insurance, cheaper labour on it through a contact, Fantastic fuel consumption, and hopefully when it comes to selling up it should be fine. So based on that Diesels are considerabley more economical in my world. I know I'v saved myself alot of money in the long run.

I can't have a petrol, because I know I'd be a REAL petrol head. That would cause holes in my pockets which I don't need.

Both cars have their advantages and let downs at the end of the day. It's all down to personal choice hence it being a slightly delicate subject.

If it's Performance your after get a Petrol

If cost cutting and milage over a longer term is the priority get a Diesel

If your not fussed and want something that just drives swerve Ford and get a granny scooter -_-

Everyone is happy !

#19 hedgepig

hedgepig

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:38 AM

Theres things that have made it worth owning a Deisel. I get Cheaper tax, cheaper insurance, cheaper labour on it through a contact, Fantastic fuel consumption, and hopefully when it comes to selling up it should be fine. So based on that Diesels are considerabley more economical in my world. I know I'v saved myself alot of money in the long run.

I can't have a petrol, because I know I'd be a REAL petrol head. That would cause holes in my pockets which I don't need.

If your not fussed and want something that just drives swerve Ford and get a granny scooter -_-

Everyone is happy !

Quite right, it's all down to personal taste. :)

Is yours a company car by any chance? If so, then no contest!

If I had a company car I would definitely choose diesel for the very same reasons as you have.

Unfortunately it's not, so I figured I might as well have a balance of performance and economy.......well, at least until the economic climate improves...........then I'll have something wth a bit more oomph........quite like the new RS Focus!!! :lol:

Suppose I'd better walk down to Morrisons and get my Euro lottery numbers just in case! B)

#20 Helena

Helena

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:14 PM

Quite right, it's all down to personal taste. :)

Is yours a company car by any chance? If so, then no contest!

If I had a company car I would definitely choose diesel for the very same reasons as you have.

Unfortunately it's not, so I figured I might as well have a balance of performance and economy.......well, at least until the economic climate improves...........then I'll have something wth a bit more oomph........quite like the new RS Focus!!! :lol:

Suppose I'd better walk down to Morrisons and get my Euro lottery numbers just in case! B)

Mines not a company one but I just travel alot in it so the usage is similar.

Maybe in a few years I'll get that VW beetle :wub: Bad I know but I really want one sorry Ford :ph34r:

#21 hedgepig

hedgepig

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:19 PM

Mines not a company one but I just travel alot in it so the usage is similar.

Maybe in a few years I'll get that VW beetle :wub: Bad I know but I really want one sorry Ford :ph34r:

If I win the Euro lottery and it's a big big big if, I'll be off to Sytner or Stratstone to order my brand new BMW Mini Cooper S Works with all the toys.......... B)

Oops, sorry Ford!!! :lol: :lol:

#22 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

If I win the Euro lottery and it's a big big big if, I'll be off to Sytner or Stratstone to order my brand new BMW Mini Cooper S Works with all the toys.......... B)

Oops, sorry Ford!!! :lol: :lol:

Come on you can do better than that :) Have the mini but get a Lambo as well.

#23 Helena

Helena

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:45 PM

Brand spanker Overfinch Range Rover in White with all the gadgets for me when I win the big bucks !

#24 hedgepig

hedgepig

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:50 PM

Brand spanker Overfinch Range Rover in White with all the gadgets for me when I win the big bucks !

Not this week Helena........it's mine!!! :lol:

#25 hedgepig

hedgepig

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:55 PM

Come on you can do better than that :) Have the mini but get a Lambo as well.

OK maybe I'm a little cautious......I'll have the mini and a brand new BMW M3 convertible with all the toys. B) :D

Never fancied a Lambo or Ferrari really--you could never leave them anywhere without somebody vandalising them and even though theoretically money would not be an issue, I'd get fed up with having them repaired etc.

Good job I'll never have the problems of being rich eh! :lol: ;)

#26 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:34 PM

OK maybe I'm a little cautious......I'll have the mini and a brand new BMW M3 convertible with all the toys. B) :D

Never fancied a Lambo or Ferrari really--you could never leave them anywhere without somebody vandalising them and even though theoretically money would not be an issue, I'd get fed up with having them repaired etc.

Good job I'll never have the problems of being rich eh! :lol: ;)

Yea i no what you mean! Would be a pain in the !Removed! being worried all the time...

Mini and M3 seam like a good compromise to me, maybe could get a good deal buying them from the same garage :)

#27 hedgepig

hedgepig

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:46 PM

Mini and M3 seam like a good compromise to me, maybe could get a good deal buying them from the same garage :)

Too right...they'd better not think that I'd be a soft touch if I'd got money!

To quote Julia Roberts in the film Pretty Woman when the posh ladies refused to serve her:-

BIG BIG mistake!!! ;) ;)

#28 jma78b

jma78b

Serial Poster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Titanium

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:18 PM

I would get the Audi RS FSI Quattro with all the toys and a fluffy dice :)

#29 hedgepig

hedgepig

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:25 PM

I would get the Audi RS FSI Quattro with all the toys and a fluffy dice :)

Nice choice---you'd certainly get looks with that.

Even I'd get some attention with that..................... ;)

#30 jma78b

jma78b

Serial Poster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Titanium

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:27 PM

Its gorgeous. I couldn't drive it cos I couldn't see where the front ended (being a short lady) but it would be good to try! :lol:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users