Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mkii Facelift Centre Console

A_Jobson

Hey,

I've recently purchased a Ford Focus Sport 1.6 TDCI 2010.

I would really like to swap the centre console. The console shown in the the image below without the armrest and door is what my car currently has.

post-40289-0-66418000-1393776661_thumb.j

post-40289-0-48049000-1393776670_thumb.j

I do however prefer the console shown below, with the armrest and door underneath the climate controls.

post-40289-0-72717100-1393776668_thumb.j

How would I swap these considering the USB & Aux socket is in the middle of the console (where the black section is behind gear stick)? Can this be done with a console which has a USB & Aux socket in the armrest?

Also, where would I get that silver hinged compartment door? How would this be fitted with another centre console?

I really hope someone can help here, I'm very confused!

Well the centre console on eBay i've seen for about £125 dont know if that includes compartment.

or try vehicle dismantlers (breakers) as insurance companies like to write of cars these days just for a scratch lol

• Like 2

Thanks for your reply!

I've had a look on eBay but there doesn't seem to be much there, expensive too.

I managed to find a centre console with the USB connections in the armrest, but not sure if or how I would connect those in the centre of my current console, to those in the armrest?

Are there any breakers you would recommend, or any sites where I can find the parts online?

The USB and AUX are wiring specific so unless you already have them thenyou need to retrofit your own kit.

Look below my signature and I have guides on swapping consoles and also fitting the tray (we tend to refer to it as a garage door here).

Links here just in case you're not on a PC-

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/109-how-to-fit-a-mk25-facelift-centre-console-into-a-mk2-focus/

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/46741-fitting-ashtray-housing-into-mk2-focus/

For my USB I fitted the Ford OEM upgrade unit but this works just as well (you tend to find that they will only play off memory sticks not phones/ipods etc, but do work very well and give good sound quality)-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Connects2-CTAFOUSB005-Ford-Focus-Fiesta-Mondeo-USB-Aux-In-Car-Interface-Adaptor-/170971121852?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item27ceac48bc

Also if you don't already have an AUX input then get one of these plus an extension cable and run as I did (to the rear tray)-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-Mondeo-6000-Car-CD-Radio-AUX-MP3-Adaptor-Lead-for-iPod-iPhone-iPad-Android-/370877299237?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item565a027a25

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1M-3-5MM-JACK-PLUG-MALE-TO-FEMALE-AUDIO-STEREO-EXTENSION-CABLE-FOR-MIC-HEADPHONE-/331056869817?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item4d1486f1b9

If you need any further ideas/guidance/tips feel free to P/M me or just ask here.

• Like 1

There are these bits currently available-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-FORD-FOCUS-Titanium-Interior-Dash-Panel-Trim-Kit-Center-Console-Ashtray-/291083821921?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Model%3AFocus&hash=item43c5f2a361

You'd just need a bit of wiring, a bracket, couple of bolts, a lower console and side panels.

If you want a hand to sort the lighter sockets wiring loom I can knock one up for you if you need for a nominal cost.

Thanks for that!

As you can see here...

post-40289-0-32079500-1393799319_thumb.j

I've circled the location of the USB & AUX connections which is on the current console (behind gear stick) I'm surprised this is different to other 2010 mk2.5 Focus'!

Is it easy enough just to transfer these to a console which has the USB connections in the arm rest?

Also, do you know anywhere I can get the "garage door" compartment to replace what is there in the picture?

The USB socket pulls out of the console and has a cable plugged into the back.

Remove the socket and run an USB extension cable back under the console, same for the AUX socket.

The garage doors do come up on eBay but can be rare depending on the colour.

• 3 years later...

So... Reviving an old topic for my first post on the forum.

I'm looking to also fit a facelift centre console to a prefacelift MK2 focus.

Does anyone know if I will be able to use my existing gear knob, gaiter/surround and my exiting handbreak surround?

Thanks

No.
All different.
If you look at my guides link I have one for this project.
All parts needed are listed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you need any guidance further than which is contained in my guide then feel free to give me a shout.

• 3 years later...
On 9/20/2017 at 3:57 AM, Stoney871 said:

If you need any guidance further than which is contained in my guide then feel free to give me a shout.

@stoney781 hi the attached file seems to be removed i know its been a few years since you uploaded if you by any chance still have the file can you reupload it or attach it to me in an email i will be truly thankful 

email:nootoo2321@gmail.com

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hamza said:

@stoney781 hi the attached file seems to be removed i know its been a few years since you uploaded if you by any chance still have the file can you reupload it or attach it to me in an email i will be truly thankful 

email:nootoo2321@gmail.com

Hi,

If you don't hear from stoney by Saturday night, respond to me here and I'll help you out Sunday evening, 

Ive removed the entire interior to fit upgrades, and have archive of images aswell as a Haynes manual 👍🏻

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 12:54 AM, BigLen said:

Hi,

If you don't hear from stoney by Saturday night, respond to me here and I'll help you out Sunday evening, 

Ive removed the entire interior to fit upgrades, and have archive of images aswell as a Haynes manual 👍🏻

thanks . man i haven't heard anything from stoney . if you have any details or pics it would really help .

• Thanks 1

thanks . man i haven't heard anything from stoney . if you have any details or pics it would really help .

no problem, ill on my daughters desktop computer now and I'm at home for the evening, so I'm going to piece together something for you now,

IMG-20201230-WA0006.jpg.5fe434b77b7d0cd713438ef35ece261f.thumb.jpg.b169eca00db4107567abc2db052b4fcd.jpg

that said; i hope Stoney is alright, he's a very nice chap and hard working fella was always very helpful and good fun to talk to, being on here twelve years now myself; get to know people over the years 😊 some stay for a few years then disappear; others say goodbye. I've tried other forums for the Hyundai, Toyota and Volkswagen over the years as i had models but there's no community like this one on here. Volkswagen are sort of close to this but Toyota want to know where you live so they can take your rare Japanese body kit, and the Hyundai forum is just like Korea man, need to be a member to view the content, nothing can be saw without signing in, seriously

I've been through my archive of ford focus pictures and unfortunately; I don't have enough pictures of that area to form a guide, 

however i have found a PDF guide online from someone else whom has completed one; 

ford-focus-mk2-console-upgrade.pdf

hopefully that helps, I've also got a Haynes manual which i can scan in the relevant pages if required but that guide seems pretty good from looking at it, 

one mistake i now feel that i made over the past twelve years; is that I didn't bother creating my own version of guides which other people on the forum had already created, mainly because I didn't want to step on there toes, but those people have since moved on in life and there guides have fallen apart, where I've created PDF versions of mine making them last longer since there not reliant on any image hosting site to support there existence, 

my full list of guides are here: Full List Lenny's Guides - General Ford Related Discussions - Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums

if you have some 3 SMD led strips with wiring attached, you may like to fit a strip inside what i call the bird bath in the rear of the center console, splice the cables in to the interior dashboard illumination loom; cables for this are accessible at the rear of the window heater buttons 

Image1770.thumb.jpg.40ad7622c4929dc197b5bb139e6ae16e.jpg

see above; i lined up the led strip on the inside, marked the holes then drilled them through, followed by using PVC tape to hold the LED strip in place, 

now provides a nice shadow glow in the center. 

Image1780.thumb.jpg.1ed11d4cb647526145d34f6e9d92a636.jpg

Image1778.thumb.jpg.8c8645e7fadf762ce12bab0b96aa39d3.jpg