Join Premium & Save
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale

NQbbe

How Long Until The Engine Is Properly Warm ? Ecoboost 1.0 125Ps.

3 posts in this topic

Sorry for posting two threads close to each other - I felt it was the right way to do it, since they contain quite different questions.

I've just got the wife a new Ford Ka 1.2 (the one that shares a lot with the Fiat 500). After driving less than a mile, the water temperature is already warm in it.

On the other hand my Ecoboost 1.0 Fiesta takes around 5 miles before the water is warm (4 bars)

I assume this is because the Ecoboost engine doesn't allow cooling water into the cylinder block until the engine is properly warmed up.

This leads me to the question: Has anyone tried fitting an OBD adapter and measuring the oil temperature to figure out when it's properly warm ?

I'm thinking about buying one, but this is the sole purpose I'd use it for, so it seems a bit expensive if someone else knows the answer.

Like I mentioned, my car takes around 5 miles to heat up the water, but I've no clue if the oil is warm as well by then.

My ecoboost focus takes about two miles x

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Mine takes about two or three miles but my first few miles are normally at 50-60 mph not sure if that helps the engine warm up quicker?