• Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

danieleonharper

Clutch - Slip Or Adjust? Higher Revs Not Biting

4 posts in this topic

Hi we just got back from Wales

The 1.4tdci Fiesta drives but when you floor the accelerator it bites and goes but you have to lower the revs to keep going else the engine keeps at times revving high but not go faster.

Do you know how to adjust the clutch on these? I had it before on another car and the clutch was not buggered...

It still goes up hills etc and stalls if I pull forward with the break down etc.

oh and if it is the clutch I really hope ref here it is not DMF! although fingers crossed Re: fiesta 2003 1.4 tdci dual mass flywheel conversion?>help

Reply #18 - 07.09.11 at 21:42:00 I've done several clutches on the tdci fiestas and only 1 had a dmf ( the owner wasn't pleased when we said we had made a mistake thinking it didn't) the clutch plate sits the other way round on the solid flywheel version I've noticed

Even cable operated fiestas were self adjusting! No there is no adjustment on the clutch. If it slips it's worn out.

It still goes up hills etc and stalls if I pull forward with the break down etc.
Even with a worn clutch you'll still get enough friction to stall it with the handbrake on.

As above, clutch needs replaced.