Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Search for induction kit

Sid_WRC

hi, new to the forums i've desperately searched everywhere to find an induction kit for my 09 focus 1.6 zetec s :blink: , i've even taken it to a few places who build custom kits from scratch and they refuse to touch it cos its got the MAF and some other sensor built into the stock airbox <_< wondering if you guys can help me out cheers :lol:

hi, new to the forums i've desperately searched everywhere to find an induction kit for my 09 focus 1.6 zetec s :blink: , i've even taken it to a few places who build custom kits from scratch and they refuse to touch it cos its got the MAF and some other sensor built into the stock airbox <_< wondering if you guys can help me out cheers :lol:

Just fitted one to my 1.6 TDCI without issue. Not sure how much difference there is between the air boxes? Got myself a quikshift Stainless filter. Left the airbox bottom in place and it fitted inside it as the normal filter is just a large cylinder filter instead of a panel. This left my MAF sensor fitted in the bottom part of the airbox with all the support is needs.

I can fit the airbox lid back on too.

I did have to remove the standard air ducts though, as it only pulled in ambient engine air. Just made a ram from behind the grill into the air box. I left the lid off mine so I can hear it more.

Funny thing with it being a TDCI, it doesn't give you the usual growl of a petrol engine with an induction, however I get the worlds loudest sucking noise and can here some sort of almost wastegate chatter between changes and when you come of the accelorator.

Definately feels more responsive pulling through the gears also.

Is there room in your existing air box to drop an aftermarket cone filter in??? worth a look....... :unsure:

You can just remove the MAF sensor from the airbox, but you will need to construct some kind of support for it, and fit a filter that way?! K&N provide a Y shaped support bracked for use with their previous version.

Just fitted one to my 1.6 TDCI without issue. Not sure how much difference there is between the air boxes? Got myself a quikshift Stainless filter. Left the airbox bottom in place and it fitted inside it as the normal filter is just a large cylinder filter instead of a panel. This left my MAF sensor fitted in the bottom part of the airbox with all the support is needs.

I can fit the airbox lid back on too.

I did have to remove the standard air ducts though, as it only pulled in ambient engine air. Just made a ram from behind the grill into the air box. I left the lid off mine so I can hear it more.

Funny thing with it being a TDCI, it doesn't give you the usual growl of a petrol engine with an induction, however I get the worlds loudest sucking noise and can here some sort of almost wastegate chatter between changes and when you come of the accelorator.

Definately feels more responsive pulling through the gears also.

Is there room in your existing air box to drop an aftermarket cone filter in??? worth a look....... :unsure:

You can just remove the MAF sensor from the airbox, but you will need to construct some kind of support for it, and fit a filter that way?! K&N provide a Y shaped support bracked for use with their previous version.

cheers :D, i'm hoping to remove the airbox completely tho because it is channeling air from directly underneath the ford badge, it seems to be a really crappy restricting plastic box between the grille and the air box. been talking to a guy who owns an st and he reckons a viper kit should work but im not looking forwad to &#33;Removed&#33; about with the maf sensor since that b**ch is part of the airbox :\

cheers :D, i'm hoping to remove the airbox completely tho because it is channeling air from directly underneath the ford badge, it seems to be a really crappy restricting plastic box between the grille and the air box. been talking to a guy who owns an st and he reckons a viper kit should work but im not looking forwad to &#33;Removed&#33; about with the maf sensor since that b**ch is part of the airbox :\

I removed the piping to the air box and created a ram from behind the grille! You are right the existing box piping just pulls ambient air from inside the engine bay through a series of twists and bends which must only result in a whisper of warm air getting to the air box?!

If you can create a bracket of some way of supporting the viper (I'd go for a BMC though - cheaper and more effective!!), it should be okay.

Let us know how you get on!!

I removed the piping to the air box and created a ram from behind the grille! You are right the existing box piping just pulls ambient air from inside the engine bay through a series of twists and bends which must only result in a whisper of warm air getting to the air box?!

If you can create a bracket of some way of supporting the viper (I'd go for a BMC though - cheaper and more effective!!), it should be okay.

Let us know how you get on!!

cheers my mate has recommended me getting a bmc, again my only problem is getting an adapter for the maf sensor :\, see what i can do :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club