Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

jim0231

98' fiesta Burning front brakes...help????

4 posts in this topic

since ive owned my car which has been about 2months now. I have noticed that now and again my my front brakes really smell badly after a longish journey....i took them apart to see if i could fix it and cleaned the sliders and calipers thoughly......the brakes work better...however....no such change on the burning smell, i've had the flexi brake hoses changed aswell.

once it got so bad i had to pull over and let them cool.

If anyone can shed some light on this please do...its doing my head in.

Jim

it must be the brake pads dragging on the discs that it causing the burning did you put some copper grease around the calipers to aid operation as the calipers must be sticking somewhere.

Are u angry or just need glasses :)

it must be the brake pads dragging on the discs that it causing the burning did you put some copper grease around the calipers to aid operation as the calipers must be sticking somewhere.

I used copper grease on the sliders......but no such luck.