Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Timbo

changing inner headlight lenses

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, this is my first post. I have to change the yellowed inner lenses on my '95 mondeo.

Am i correct in thinking that i can just remove the metal clips on the light units and pull the old lenses out?

Any practical advice would be great. Thanks, Tim

Hi, this is now urgent! can anyone at least tell me how many clips hold the two halves of the headlamp together? i can see four, are there more than this? thanks.

you need to lower the front bumber and remove both headlamps, there are about 8 clips in all, but very easy to change

Hi all, this is my first post. I have to change the yellowed inner lenses on my '95 mondeo.

Am i correct in thinking that i can just remove the metal clips on the light units and pull the old lenses out?

Any practical advice would be great. Thanks, Tim

Hi, this is now urgent! can anyone at least tell me how many clips hold the two halves of the headlamp together? i can see four, are there more than this? thanks.

Hi I have replaced both the inner lenses twice now on our 1995 Mk 1 and both times I have done this by removing the top clips and easing the glass forward detaching the inner lenses I had to remove the top clips and the 1 on the inner edge next to the grille takes about 10 mins a side