Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Stoney871

Can You See Your Car On Google Earth?

12 posts in this topic

Just thought of a wee fun thing.

Can you locate your car on Google Earth or even better can you see it on Street View?

Just to start the ball rolling-

post-28494-0-41658700-1394208438_thumb.j

Not mine but dads fiesta is parked outside our house

I don't think Google has been passed my house for a few years, my Grandad's old Focus is outside:

post-17010-0-71043000-1394210634_thumb.p

My old Peugeot 306 can be seen parked at work, you can see cleaning it at my sisters and you can see my Focus parked outside at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

yep, just dont think its right how they show the number plate also... imo should be blurred out incase it gets into the wrong hands. ie ringing a car

http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/streetview?size=640x640&pano=Pk8_n43UbYCb1sYNzV7nNg&heading=232.14755558380273&fov=45&pitch=-31.289062499999986&sensor=false

In my defence it was a few years ago and we really needed a 6/7 seater and it was the only thing around at a price we could afford at the time........

http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/streetview?size=640x640&pano=DmMUyus78JEghu_5-xRoPw&heading=218.8&fov=90&pitch=-14.9&sensor=false

Google haven't been down my street for at least 2 years, not got the caravan, Omega or Corsa anymorepost-50741-0-48797300-1394232812_thumb.j

Funny, i was looking for my house, came across it alright but it was my old car that was outside the house and sure enough that is close to 3 years ago, so google haven't been down here in a while also :(

yep, just dont think its right how they show the number plate also... imo should be blurred out incase it gets into the wrong hands. ie ringing a car

http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/streetview?size=640x640&pano=Pk8_n43UbYCb1sYNzV7nNg&heading=232.14755558380273&fov=45&pitch=-31.289062499999986&sensor=false

It shouldn't show number plates, faces or house numbers.

You can report it to have it fuzzed out.

Whether it's your current or previous cars copy over the pictures.

All for fun Folks.

You can blank your own reg if need be.

Sadly they came when I was at work, at the time I was parked up either behind a pub or in the office.

Never found any of my cars yet on the road or parked up :-(

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

My Dads old car was visible, as was the number plate - not that we really cared...it had been scrapped 18 months before the pictures appeared on streetview lol

It's the blue Citroën Xantia

post-37110-139428164309_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Just had another look, and it appears that Google updated the images of my area...found the courtesy car I had when I bumped the Focus (2 weeks after I got it)

But I can't seem to add the pic to this post

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app