Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where are the Mark 7 variants made?

Aitchess

I know that new UK Fiestas come from Cologne in Germany and Valencia in Spain (did I miss anywhere else out?) - I just wondered whether it's random or whether certain trim levels or (for example) only 5-doors or 3-doors come out of one factory. Just curious really. Our Zetec 5-door (collected today) is from Valencia, I know.

I know that new UK Fiestas come from Cologne in Germany and Valencia in Spain (did I miss anywhere else out?) - I just wondered whether it's random or whether certain trim levels or (for example) only 5-doors or 3-doors come out of one factory. Just curious really. Our Zetec 5-door (collected today) is from Valencia, I know.

I got told that the 5 doors are only made in valencia and the 3doors are made in mainly cologne but also valencia, dont know how true this is, just was told by my salesman

all fiestas were built in cologne until recently when they have expanded production to valencia to try and clear the bk log! cologne is where most new models are built as its the flagship factory

Just wondering, while waiting for my 5-door Titanium ordered 31 January, if there's anything more to be said on this subject. It can't make sense to assemble every possible variant in both places - surely there must be some rationalisation?

Anyway, how can you tell which plant your Fiesta comes from?

Anyway, how can you tell which plant your Fiesta comes from?

My 5 door tdci titanium was built at valencia, if you have your VIN No and register at www.etis.ford.com you can find out info about your vehicle and where it was built and date of build...............

Pictures please :D

3 door Titanium, Panther Black built in Cologne.

My 5 door tdci titanium was built at valencia, if you have your VIN No and register at www.etis.ford.com you can find out info about your vehicle and where it was built and date of build...............

thanks for the info on the etis site Bryfly

just registered myself (for free) and using the cars Reg No was able to see all the details for my 5dr Titanium, including it being built at the Niehl plant in Cologne/Koln.

I was a bit spooked as it listed it as a Zetec-S but on second look that is the engine type description not the trim level - and anyway Zetec S is only avilable as a 3 door.... Looks like all the options I ordered are present and correct too! Just want to get it now!!! (one week to go)

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

As a quick guide, look at the first character of you car's VIN. If it's a W, your Fiesta was built in Germany (and so came from Cologne). Can't remember the letter for Spain, but a UK spec car with a non "W" VIN most probably came out of Valencia.

That website tells you wayyyyyy too much info lol

Primary Features

Build Date: 21.11.2008

Vehicle Line: Fiesta 2008-

Body Style: 3 Door Saloon

Version: Series 50

Engine: 1.4L Zetec-S PFI (90PS)

Transmission: 5-Speed Manual - B5/IB5

Drive: RHD FWD

Axle Ratio: 4.06

Emission: Stage IV Emissions

Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning

Territory: (+)"GB"

Paint: Panther Black (Metallic)

Interior Fabric: B1 -B-C -DOTTS/TRUDIE NEW 4

Thats the "main" features of my car :o

Was also built in germany :)

How do you find the vin number?

Going purely on (patchy?!) memory here, but it should be (amongst other places no doubt) crammed in the gap on top of the dash where it meets the base of the windscreen and the little front "quarterlight" on the passenger side. Sort of under where your tax disc goes (inside the passenger compartment).

As a quick guide, look at the first character of you car's VIN. If it's a W, your Fiesta was built in Germany (and so came from Cologne). Can't remember the letter for Spain, but a UK spec car with a non "W" VIN most probably came out of Valencia.

Not quite corrct mate!

The code is broken down as follows,using an example from my local dealers as mines still on order.

W

F

O......these letters mean ford europe

J........body type (5 door hatch,3 door hatch is E I think)

X

X...these are only used on vans and buses

W.......this is country of manufacture (w=spain,G = Germany)

P......this is the factory within the country(P=valencia,Cologne is A)

J......this is the model type (fiesta)

J......this is the body type (as letter 4)

9.....Year of assembly(2009)

P.......month of assembly (april)

6.......this is the sequential build number of the car.

Hope that helps

Dave

Hey. I have the order number but no VIN yet as the car has not been built...

Is there anything I can do with the order number?

Not quite corrct mate!

The code is broken down as follows,using an example from my local dealers as mines still on order.

W

F

O......these letters mean ford europe

J........body type (5 door hatch,3 door hatch is E I think)

X

X...these are only used on vans and buses

W.......this is country of manufacture (w=spain,G = Germany)

P......this is the factory within the country(P=valencia,Cologne is A)

J......this is the model type (fiesta)

J......this is the body type (as letter 4)

9......month of assembly(april)

P.......year of assembly (2009)

6.......this is the sequential build number of the car.

Hope that helps

Dave

Thats not true, because for example the bit saying if its a 3 or 5 door, mine dont have any of the letters you have quoted. Also the build date number you quoted was wrong too. The number on mine for the build date is 8, but i know for a fact mine was built in november. The only ones you have got right from my VIN number is the country and factory numbers/letters.

Hey. I have the order number but no VIN yet as the car has not been built...

Is there anything I can do with the order number?

I also have no VIN. Tried using the other numbers like the the order number etc, nothing worked. You will need to wait until you have the VIN or Reg No from Ford until you can use that site

Thats not true, because for example the bit saying if its a 3 or 5 door, mine dont have any of the letters you have quoted. Also the build date number you quoted was wrong too. The number on mine for the build date is 8, but i know for a fact mine was built in november. The only ones you have got right from my VIN number is the country and factory numbers/letters.

Apologies I put the year and month the wrong way round,8=2008,9=2009 etc

The month and year indicator dont follow a logical pattern,I dont have this years to hand,but for 2008:

8L is september

8Y is october

8S is november

8T is december.

What letter have you got for the doors ?

Is it a 3 or 5 door?

I did say I wasnt sure about the E code.

I believe VS6 is also used for some spanish built cars ,although WFO is the standard european designation,

Dave

I've got a 3 door and its got G for it