• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Name: Phil
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3 MP215
  • Year: 2014

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about ordering an ST-3, waiting for a quote from Broadspeed and hopefully I can get it for just under £17k with most of the options if their figures are to be believed. I just have a few questions:

• I didn't see an option for the tyre deflation detection, does anyone know if that comes as standard on the ST-3?
  • What is the "Adjustable boot load floor", and is it worth getting for £75?
  • Does anyone have experience buying a new car through Broadspeed, and is it something you would recommend? What other websites / companies offer a similar service? I think someone on here mentioned a site which was "orange" something.
  • I heard there is a new brochure for the ST-3, but the dealer I called said they don't have it (Benfield). Does anyone know if other dealers have the brochure / price list yet?

I'm thinking of getting it in blue but not too sure. It will look almost identical to my current Fiesta but I don't really like any of the other colours. Any feedback would be appreciated  :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 funkylad

funkylad

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Name: ryan
  • Ford Model: fiesta ST-3

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:17 AM

they dont do the deflation detection anymore. Prob found it wasnt being used.

There is also another site called www.carwow.co.uk

Hope this helps

#3 Phil 87

Phil 87

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

Thanks I'll have a look at carwow. The deflation detection is still shown on Ford's website, but they don't even have the ST-3 on there yet so it's probably out of date. Would be a shame if I can't get it, I was looking forward to never having to check my tire pressures again :)

#4 matt1981

matt1981

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Name: matt
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

Yeah I used carwow for initial quotes then played dealers off against each other

#5 funkylad

funkylad

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

I went into my ford dealers on wednesday and showed them the carwow quote, and they said that they would match it as i have been a loyal customer, so a gentlemans handshake agreement was done, then went back in yesterday to sign the paperwork and they then told me they couldnt match it.. So as you can imagine i was somewhat p*issed off.. Wont be going back to the dealers i have used for many years.. You just cant treat people like that. So from now on i will be using internet based sites to buy all my new cars from.

#6 Phil 87

Phil 87

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:03 AM

Yeah I used carwow for initial quotes then played dealers off against each other

How much did you manage to save from the retail price if you don't mind my asking?

Edit: I just had a call from Broadspeed, they made a mistake with their figures, showing ST3 cheaper than ST2 haha. So it's actually more like £17,700. Still not too bad, I thought the original price was too good to be true anyway.

#7 funkylad

funkylad

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

17654.00 so a saving 2562

#8 Phil 87

Phil 87

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

Not bad, I might try the same thing. That's probably a bit less than I'll pay through Broadspeed.

#9 matt1981

matt1981

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Name: matt
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

13200 for a zetec s, so just under 2k. Used that as a starting price then bartered on the part ex price. Ended up at 9800

#10 alexp999

alexp999

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,847 posts
  • Name: Alex
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 TDCi 163PS Titanium X
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

Thanks I'll have a look at carwow. The deflation detection is still shown on Ford's website, but they don't even have the ST-3 on there yet so it's probably out of date. Would be a shame if I can't get it, I was looking forward to never having to check my tire pressures again :)

You still have to check tyre pressures, it can only detect a flat tyre, or considerably low pressure.

#11 funkylad

funkylad

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

yer i have the detection system on my ST-2 and tbh its a load of rubbish, by the time its noticed you have a flat tyre A you would know and B its already damaged your alloy 

The good old fashioned way of looking and checking is really the best option 

#12 Phil 87

Phil 87

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

Ok, I won't bother with the tyre deflation if it's that bad :). At a dealer last year they gave me the impression that it can detect a slight drop in pressure, I guess that was nonsense.

#13 Gary.J

Gary.J

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2
  • Year: 2013

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:05 PM

yer i have the detection system on my ST-2 and tbh its a load of rubbish, by the time its noticed you have a flat tyre A you would know and B its already damaged your alloy 

The good old fashioned way of looking and checking is really the best option 

Not strictly true. If you have a slow puncture it should notice it and it will tell you before you find yourself running flat. Checking tyre pressure isn't done daily by tha majority of people, and even if it only notifies once, it'll likely save you the cost of a tyre hence pays for itself. Also if you've only got the tyre repair liquid, that will likely not repair a tyre thats been run flat safely until you get it to a garage. I'll stick with the deflation system.

The system works by detecting the change in wheel diameter caused by a tyre with low pressure in it, part of the anti lock braking system. Using low profile tyres makes it harder to detect before the tyre is flat, admittedly, but I knew that and decided for the small cost it was worth it.

#14 potter18

potter18

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Name: alan
  • Ford Model: fiesta
  • Year: 2013

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

Bought my car last year through orangewheels went on the website got the specs I wanted and they gave me a call the next day , then put me in touch with the ford dealer they use ( think ford in Guildford ) was a bit of a trek to pick it up( I live in york ) but still saved loads

#15 Phil 87

Phil 87

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

Orangewheels that's what I was trying to remember, I'll try them too. Does anyone have the "adjustable boot load floor" or know what it does?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fiesta, ST, ST-3, ST3, Broadspeed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users