Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ordering An St-3, Questions

Phil 87

but do you really need electric folding mirrors - cruise control thats about all the extra you get. my st2 has everything you would want honestly save yourself some £££ get one.

I agree, to most people the extras would seem pointless and expensive, but I've become used to having these things on my Titanium, and I don't want my new car to be a compromise when I can afford to get the extras I want (I'm planning to keep it for at least 5 years). The main thing is the parking sensors which is something I've always wanted, because I really hate reversing without knowing if I'm going to hit something.

Oh and cruise control is a necessity, for me at least. I'll never drive a car without it again :)

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the parking sensors are only available on the ST-3? Orangewheels are showing it as an option on the ST-2, but they don't have the ST-3 listed on their site.

Latest brochure I have say rear sensors are optional on both ST2 & 3

Hope this helps!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

I finally ordered it :). ST-3 in spirit blue with all the options (only 5 things to choose lol), got quite a good deal I think, £2600 less than retail price including the discount for using Ford finance which I can just pay off and get a better loan elsewhere. Thanks again to funkylad for mentioning carwow.co.uk, which is where I got the best offer from a dealer.

It should come end of April, so I think it's going to be a very long 6 weeks, can't wait :)

I'm currently awaiting a Zetec S, and the more I think about it the more I wonder if I should have gone for an ST2 :(

I'll probably get bored of the ZS within a year or two and trade it in... onwards and upwards!!

I'll probably get bored of the ZS within a year or two and trade it in... onwards and upwards!!

Yes there's always that option, but I'm sure you'll be happy with the ZS, maybe there will be a Mountune upgrade to help close the gap a bit :). I was thinking about going for a ZS just because of the lower price, but the lack of options like cruise control, not to mention the awesomeness of the ST persuaded me.

• Like 1

I was thinking of an ST initially but the cheaper running costs of the ZS won me over. I'm coming from a 1.2 corsa so hopefully it'll be a good enough improvement to keep me satisfied for a while

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z using Ford OC Mobile App

That will be a massive improvement, a bigger difference than between my Titanium and the ST.

That will be a massive improvement, a bigger difference than between my Titanium and the ST.

Oh I doubt it!

The difference between my MK7 ZS (same engine as your Titanium) and the ST is almost indescribable although granted the difference between as C***a and the ZS will be huge.

Phil we could start a "Phil ST Yorkshire" section on here. Welcome to the ST fraternity mate you are going to love it when you get it. Blue is definitely the best colour as well have seen a few around where I live in West Yorks.

• Like 1

can i ask.....

have you test driven the ST??

Oh I doubt it!

The difference between my MK7 ZS (same engine as your Titanium) and the ST is almost indescribable although granted the difference between as C***a and the ZS will be huge.

Phil we could start a "Phil ST Yorkshire" section on here. Welcome to the ST fraternity mate you are going to love it when you get it. Blue is definitely the best colour as well have seen a few around where I live in West Yorks.

Lol at you never driven one, the difference is night and day. Fancy a traffic light gp? I think you'll find the difference is 3 seconds something monotune will never be able to make up.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

i myself never realised the brutal power the fiesta st had until i drove it off the forecourt. seriously this car is a rocket.

i myself never realised the brutal power the fiesta st had until i drove it off the forecourt. seriously this car is a rocket.

Indeed, can't wait to pull up along side the ZS boys sitting low with their black wheels and windows thinking they boss, then they get shown up.

Need to download move !Removed! get out the way, now.

Had a Zetec S pul up behind me in a petrol station a couple of weeks back didnt know what to say to him, just had a little chuckle to myself as I filled up the ST.

The Yorkshire ST club sounds good to me where do I join?

im currently getting a bit of flak of zs owners on one of the other forums. they think im boasting, im not as i know my car is better all round. they have no idea what a power house this ST is

chuckle :)

Had a Zetec S pul up behind me in a petrol station a couple of weeks back didnt know what to say to him, just had a little chuckle to myself as I filled up the ST.

The Yorkshire ST club sounds good to me where do I join?

Why would you laugh ?

• Like 1

Both cars were brand new, both red, I was checking out his car he was checking out mine, neither of us said anything. I just found it a funny situation to be in. Not laughing at the Zetec S its a cracking car like the front end more than I do the ST's tbh had I realised it had the honeycomb grill I'd probably be driving one now

• Like 1

I didn't realise there were more replies to this thread :)

can i ask.....

have you test driven the ST??

I test drove one last year, but I didn't push it hard enough to really get a feel for how good it is, I just didn't feel comfortable flooring it with the salesman sat next to me. I'm sure I'll be amazed when I pick mine up, but I'm planning to take it easy to begin with and run it in properly, if running in is still a thing these days.

Oh I doubt it!

Yeah you're probably right, I was thinking about the difference in 0-60 times, but that doesn't tell the whole story. And yeah a Yorkshire club sounds like a good idea, unless you were just joking :). Although I could count the number of STs I've seen around Leeds on one hand, must be more popular in other areas.

I've been told my ST should be ready mid April, I'll see if I can get an actual date from the dealer. The weeks are really starting to drag, hopefully only about 3 more...

Id be up for a meet anywhere mate

Haha, I love it how these threads always turn into a battle between the ST fraternity and the ZS fraternity! Makes me giggle every time! Why can't people just have mutual respect for fellow Fiesta owners?

There are SOME ZS owners who underestimate how fast the ST actually is. However, with comments like these, it does make me wonder whether SOME ST owners think their car is the best/fastest car on the planet?!...

im currently getting a bit of flak of zs owners on one of the other forums. they think im boasting, im not as i know my car is better all round. they have no idea what a power house this ST is

chuckle :)

Wes - Whilst there may be some who don't, I think you'll find most ZS owners actually do know just what a "power house" (your term, not mine!) the ST is!... However, "better all round" is very subjective, and statements like this are where a lot of the disagreements stem from! - It shows a total lack of appreciation for why other people choose a particular car/model.

Indeed, can't wait to pull up along side the ZS boys sitting low with their black wheels and windows thinking they boss, then they get shown up.

Matt, be careful what you wish for, because whilst you may be able to "show up" a few ZS drivers, there are MANY cars out there that will "show up" your ST (and I am in the very fortunate position to own a few myself - but you won't find me bragging about them on here!), so be careful about your own bragging!

Get a little bit of perspective people - The ST is faster than the ZS. Fact.

The fiesta does tend to appeal to younger people, so to many the ST is by far the fastest car they have ever driven (and in some cases may well be the fastest car they ever will drive). But, at the end of the day it is just a hot hatch, and there are many much faster cars out there, so don't get carried away!

To avoid any confusion, I myself have a ZS on order, but I do think that the ST is a fantastic car in it's own right. I test drove the ST, and loved the power delivery. Some people consider a car that is faster than another to be "better". Other people don't and they choose a car for many other reasons. Simple as that.

I think the ST is an absolutely fantastic car, and one would probably find it's way into my money-no-object dream garage (although not in the top 10!... Yes, I have a VERY large dream garage!).

Respect to anyone who has an ST. Also, respect to anyone who has any other model in the Fiesta range. Peace!

• Like 5

Haha, I love it how these threads always turn into a battle between the ST fraternity and the ZS fraternity! Makes me giggle every time! Why can't people just have mutual respect for fellow Fiesta owners?

There are SOME ZS owners who underestimate how fast the ST actually is. However, with comments like these, it does make me wonder whether SOME ST owners think their car is the best/fastest car on the planet?!...

Wes - Whilst there may be some who don't, I think you'll find most ZS owners actually do know just what a "power house" (your term, not mine!) the ST is!... However, "better all round" is very subjective, and statements like this are where a lot of the disagreements stem from! - It shows a total lack of appreciation for why other people choose a particular car/model.

Matt, be careful what you wish for, because whilst you may be able to "show up" a few ZS drivers, there are MANY cars out there that will "show up" your ST (and I am in the very fortunate position to own a few myself - but you won't find me bragging about them on here!), so be careful about your own bragging!

Get a little bit of perspective people - The ST is faster than the ZS. Fact.

The fiesta does tend to appeal to younger people, so to many the ST is by far the fastest car they have ever driven (and in some cases may well be the fastest car they ever will drive). But, at the end of the day it is just a hot hatch, and there are many much faster cars out there, so don't get carried away!

To avoid any confusion, I myself have a ZS on order, but I do think that the ST is a fantastic car in it's own right. I test drove the ST, and loved the power delivery. Some people consider a car that is faster than another to be "better". Other people don't and they choose a car for many other reasons. Simple as that.

I think the ST is an absolutely fantastic car, and one would probably find it's way into my money-no-object dream garage (although not in the top 10!... Yes, I have a VERY large dream garage!).

Respect to anyone who has an ST. Also, respect to anyone who has any other model in the Fiesta range. Peace!

can we have this post at the top of the Fiesta forum page please...?

on a banner.

• Like 1

Do you realise how much you have embarrassed yourself by saying that ?

• Like 1

Do you realise how much you have embarrassed yourself by saying that ?

Not a lot tbh nor does it phase me. Seen a lot about where people are ragging those poor little engine senseless trying to show off to the 17yr old girl in the passenger seat clinging on for her life, only fair they get a beat down / put in place. And I do realise a lot of car out there will show me up but I don't generally try and take them on unless it's just for the fun of it. Tried a 135m yesterday as not really seen how stupidly quick they are and they are mental cars, insane motors in fact. All of today's 5 year old kids are in for a treat when they hit 18 ( providing we still have petrol then )

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club