Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ordering An St-3, Questions

Phil 87

I didn't expect this thread to turn into a flame war haha. Anyway back on topic, I have another ST related question. Does the ST / ST3 have stop/start? I'm guessing no, but it would be a nice feature. Would be useful for me on my commute.

I have an ST-2 and it does not have stop start. Niether does the focus ST

Makes sense, it's not really something you'd expect a hot hatch driver to want.

bet the OP never thought this would turn into a 7 page effort, some comedy gold dotted about it.

• Like 1

bet the OP never thought this would turn into a 7 page effort, some comedy gold dotted about it.

we all get carried away at times. it is all good fun as long as people can take the banter.

Have you been to any meets recently?? there is one in liverpool tonight if your interested??

• Like 1

Nah not been anywhere lately, not really the weather for outdoor activities, ain't too pleasant to drive in either. when the summer (if we have one) comes i will be out and about

Westms2 you may be able to help please. Have you got a sensor on your windscreen by the rear view mirror? If so what does it do? No auto lights or wipers but it seems to have the sensors fitted inside. Odd the 1.0 ecoboost didn't have this. Off topic I know but thread killed already.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Possibly for leccy windscreen

not 100% tbh

• 4 weeks later...

So the car has finally arrived at the dealer :). I'm picking it up on Wednesday, and they've asked me if I want the paint protection for £195 (usually £295). I'm thinking I'll not bother and just try and take good care of the paint. Does anyone think I should get the protection? Anyone had it before and would recommend it?

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Ford OC mobile app

I wouldn't, I've heard that if you want protection, it's much better to get a professional detailer to do it.

So the car has finally arrived at the dealer :). I'm picking it up on Wednesday, and they've asked me if I want the paint protection for £195 (usually £295). I'm thinking I'll not bother and just try and take good care of the paint. Does anyone think I should get the protection? Anyone had it before and would recommend it?

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Ford OC mobile app

I wouldn't waste your money. Spend it on some good quality cleaning stuff and wax and do it yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Westms2 you may be able to help please. Have you got a sensor on your windscreen by the rear view mirror? If so what does it do? No auto lights or wipers but it seems to have the sensors fitted inside. Odd the 1.0 ecoboost didn't have this. Off topic I know but thread killed already.

Not sure myself but not for the screen heater. I wondered if it is for the DAB radio?

Not sure myself but not for the screen heater. I wondered if it is for the DAB radio?

Investigation is now required. Can't ask Ford as they charge £1 PM to call their technical support line..........

I agree, the paint protection did look like a wast of money so I told them I didn't want it. It will probably have 2 layers of polish on it anyway, one from the factory and another when the dealer valets it, right?

Another thing I'm trying to figure out is GAP insurance, does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking at ALA at the moment, thinking about going for a 3 year deal which is about £110. Does that sound like a good deal?

I agree, the paint protection did look like a wast of money so I told them I didn't want it. It will probably have 2 layers of polish on it anyway, one from the factory and another when the dealer valets it, right?

Don't count on it bud! When I picked my car up it was supposed to have had a full valet. Looked more like someone had taken it on rally!

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

Aw lad like I said I know its not a Ferrari read the thread you whopper. Go an wash ya ZS

:)

been reading this thread, and your comments...you may well be a sound guy, but do you realise you come across as a very sad little man?

I do hope ford bring out an Fiesta RS, purely so one can pull up alongside you one day. I like fast cars as much as anyone, but a guy who views it all as 'mine is faster than yours therefore yours is crap' wouldn't even get past first base. cringeworthy attitude!

• Like 1

Don't count on it bud! When I picked my car up it was supposed to have had a full valet. Looked more like someone had taken it on rally!

Haha, lets just hope that the staff at the dealer resist the urge to take it for a joy ride. That must be very tempting though :)

Another thing I'm trying to figure out is GAP insurance, does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking at ALA at the moment, thinking about going for a 3 year deal which is about £110. Does that sound like a good deal?

I wouldn't let them near it. I have a service contract for mine which includes a full valet. I will be checking if that is done by a professional (I doubt it) or the latest work placement lad in which case they will be told to leave well alone.

GAP insurance is definitely a worthy investment. I went with these guys they are really helpful just give them a call https://www.directgap.co.uk/?gclid=COP1jazH_L0CFQcewwodpHsAbw

Haha, lets just hope that the staff at the dealer resist the urge to take it for a joy ride. That must be very tempting though :)

Check the mileage when you collect it, should be in single figures.

Mine had 85 on it , wonder what they got up to ? ;)

Wow, must have been on and off that transporter several times! LOL

Ha yeah :) was wondering if mine was used for extra quality control where they run tests on it? Read somewhere they test 1 in every x number , but maybe not :)

I know my salesman had driven one at Ford UK on a test day they had run for them but the grease monkeys are probably drooling all over them. My dealer sells Pugs a V*****ll's as well so these are going to be the best cars they get their hands on.

My car wasn't new, there was no way to check exact mileage.

Little story on this topic!

My dad works with this guy that dropped his beemer off for its first service. He's walking down the beach boulevard in Aberdeen, when what drives past!? Yep, his year old Beemer! And it was FLAT OUT!

Managed to get a new engine out of it and the mechanic got sacked.

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

Mine had 85 on it , wonder what they got up to ? ;)

Logically there was no other cars going out so they drove it there rather than pay for a transporter. It's what they did with my 1.0

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't figured it out either but the only thing I could guess was it being a light sensor? The only basis I have being that when driving in direct sunlight, the dials get brighter automatically to counter the glare!

Sent from my iPod touch using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club